C Max tdci 2.0 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

HI guys
2 things on my c max that have come to light (1) (( very important)) i had a new engine fitted by my insurance company after sucking in water,It has never been right since fitting and has only done 4000 miles,the repairer who fitted the engine said " if it's mechanical it's down to Ford and if electrical down to me" after a tick appeared at 800 miles,ford diagnostics said leaking injector,(aha no4 was LOOSE) tightened it up but the damage had been done,Ford said have another diagnostics done and we will strip the engine and they will fit the part (all labour at MY expense) you can put that somewhere i told them,Ford UK didn't want to know,SOOOO this is where it takes the mick!!! UNLESS FORD DEALER HAS FITTED THE PART IT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE FORD WARRANTY!!! so beware when buying a new engine 3.5k or insurance claims on an engine,it is not covered!!!
(2) still same saga when no-one would look at the unit i took the injectors out and measured down from the injector seat to piston crown 1,2 and 3 were same measurement number4, 1 mm down,took sump off and number 4 conrod has a sweet little bend in it,so it was either like it when it was fitted or the loose injector caused the problem.
The really annoying part to this is i was not allowed to touch the engine "because i would void the warranty" !!!!!!!!!
i have been in this gane for almost 50 years and am quite capable of diagnosing mechanical problems,I even sent photo's of the conrod to ford and my insurance company their reply?? "fair wear and tear at 800 miles,it has now done 3,500 miles and the tick is now a definate knock
So guys beware when buyin' yer parts just check on the warranty !!!!!

fury50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page