Buying a new C Max - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Hello, Newbie here.

Not sure if this is the right section, or the wrong section, or even the right forum!!!!

But am interested in buying a C max (new) and want to get the best deal and the best car possible.

Pretty much settled on the 2.0 petrol auto, as need an auto and the diesel is pricier.

And wanted as much guidance on pricing and what bits they will give you and so on.

Thanks in advance [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 PM

Hello Bob,

Welcome to the site. Not sure you're in the right forum either, but your post will be moved about if not.

I drive a 1.6 petrol, not a 2.0, and you should definitely not buy a 1.6 with auto, as the engine would not be powerful enough. I would also think that most on this site would definitely recommend that you get a 2.0 diesel, if you have to go down the auto route. True, a diesel costs more initially, but I would have thought that the extra torque and MPG would improve your enjoyment of and cost of running the car no end. Of course, the maths might not add up for you, but I would seriously consider either extending your budget, or going second hand. Lots of good, low mileage, one year old CMaxes about at the moment.

You may or may not know that a new CMax is due out in 12 months time, with new and better [maybe] engines, so you might think about hanging on for a year before purchasing. Also the present versions will presumably be cheaper when the new version is launched.

post #3 of 18 Old 08-26-2009, 03:13 AM

Definately go for a 2.0.I have a 2.0 TDCI with the 6 speed manual & it`s got loads of torque.It`s the one to go for especially if you need an auto as the power is awsome.
MM

post #4 of 18 Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 AM

here here Mike

58 PLATE 2.0 TDCI ZETEC,
post #5 of 18 Old 08-27-2009, 02:52 AM

Do remember toASK TO BE INCLUDEDthe no cost (ONLY NO cost if ordered from the factory & NOT the dealer)space save spare wheel and jack as opposed to the punture repair kit and even if it is not in the spec you pick do consider having the heated front screen and perhaps the heated rear mirrors
You might also consider having the dipping instrument panel illumination (It can be a little bright for some)but you then have to have front fog lights s well

I drive the 1.6 diesel manual that is still quite happy at more thatn the ACPO upper limit on the motorway and I think would have another rather than the 2L which seems a more complicated engine control system

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 18 Old 08-27-2009, 02:59 AM

Should have also said
If you go for a diesel auto fo try to get a test drive that includes accelerating onto a motorway because the couple of times I drove a diesel disco auto some years go in such circumstances it is a little discerting when it just won't accelerate as fast as you'd like. You end up using the box like a manual

Richard
post #7 of 18 Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G
space save spare wheel and jack as opposed to the punture repair kit
Thanks for the advice. But do you get a spare wheel, but they can do you a better spaced one?

I am vvv new at this buying lark!
post #8 of 18 Old 08-27-2009, 02:54 PM

As a norm the new vehicles come with a punture repair kit

The "Spacesaver" spare wheel and jack is a "No Cost" factory alternative that is only available at no cost if you order it with the car. The dealers do not / cannot get it added afterwards if you change your mind

Richard
post #9 of 18 Old 08-28-2009, 12:15 AM

I love my Cmax 2.0TDI Zetec 6 speed - had 2 now - bit thirsty (35mpglocal 45 on a run run 50+motorway6th gear crusing. Superb drive

Id get another but Ford prices seem to have gone through the roof of late and not many Cmaxes around seem to be around (have they stopped making the existing model I wonder).
Kev

kev
post #10 of 18 Old 08-28-2009, 03:18 AM

They are still for sale,it`s just used prices have gone up & fraud have put their prices up on new one`s 3 times this year.
MM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page