Battery Type, What do you have? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Hello,What batteries are you guys using, I have the smart charging system so a Silver calcium battery is needed Ford have one on the shelf for 120 (reduced).I called up a online company and they recommended a Bosch S4010, 740A, 80Ah item.The item i have on the car is the wrong one, cheaper modelWhat do you have?Thanks Regards Steve

2 Litre Diesel Ghia Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM

My current battery is shot, I have just ordered online a

S5010 / 110 BOSCH SILVER PLUS Car Battery 12V 85Ah @ 97.50 all in plus free 24 hr delivery from http://www.boschbatteries.com

54 Plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black, Xenons, Sony 6CD, ESP & F&R Parking Sensors
post #3 of 11 Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonman
My current battery is shot, I have just ordered online a

S5010 / 110 BOSCH SILVER PLUS Car Battery 12V 85Ah @ 97.50 all in plus free 24 hr delivery from http://www.boschbatteries.com
That's the company I phoned the guy new exactly what I was talking about and didn't recommended the most expensive.I believe the Bosch S5 have a five year warranty.Thanks For your reply.Steve

post #4 of 11 Old 02-03-2012, 04:48 PM

I have just brought a Bosh Silver S4 for our petrol CMAX 2.0 Ghia..

I got it from Euro Car Parts, who are currently offering 15% off batteries if you reserve online and add the code 'battery15'.

Hopefully it is the correct one for our car, everything points to it being right?
Smaller less powerful battery than you guy's have on your diesels.

So guy's, fitting it tomorrow, looks like a pig, anyone got any experience of changing a CMAX battery ?

Looks like air box out and somehow slide it forward from under the bulkhead ?

Scrapped knuckles tomorrow then..

2004 2.0L Petrol Cmax Ghia in Tonic Blue
post #5 of 11 Old 02-04-2012, 07:30 AM

I have had my battery out before to charge it, the air box needs to come
out, just undo jubilee clip and the rubber holding ring off and the
entire thing lifts out.

The plastic battery surround does come off and you will have to undo the
clamp that holds the battery secure, when everything is undone,
terminals ect, it should slide out quite easliy.

I will be doing this on tuesday anyway, I might take a few pics for a tutorial if the weather is ok.

54 Plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black, Xenons, Sony 6CD, ESP & F&R Parking Sensors
post #6 of 11 Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 PM

Well, managed to change my battery this morning..
Not an easy job,like posted above you have to remove the air box.

Had there been jubilee clips if would have been easy, but ours had some kind of crimped clip holding the felxible rubber pipe on. I had to prize them off with a screw driver, but I did managed to re-use them as they seem to re-clip when squeezed. I think they will deffo need replacing next time they come off though !!

Bigest problem I had was releasing the breather hose that clips to the bottom of the air box.
It is attached with a 90 degree elbow thing which clips on, but as it was below freezing this morning, when I pressed the plastic clips they expoded into many pieces, and as a result the pipe will not stay attached once refitted.

So a trip to my local dealer as a test drive for the new battery and I am now 13 quid lighter as you have to buy the whole pipe which goes round to rear of the engine somewhere (breather of some sort). Also not in stock, so have to wait until Wednesday for the new one, so hoping that there will not be any side effects if the pipe pops off the air box ?

A lot of hassle to simply change a battery !!!

2004 2.0L Petrol Cmax Ghia in Tonic Blue
post #7 of 11 Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Oh dear, the petrol airbox is slightly different from the diesel then, I don't think the pipe will be detrimental, you may get a bit more induction noise on acceleration until it's fixed.

post #8 of 11 Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Joy oh joy, car wouldn't start, battery died thought it would last, Bosch S5010 to fit in the morning.Well thankfully its not cold or snowing!!!!!

post #9 of 11 Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 PM

Well we have a foot of snow here in Staffs, least you have your new battery anyway, good luck.

post #10 of 11 Old 02-05-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonman
Well we have a foot of snow here in Staffs, least you have your new battery anyway, good luck.
Was joking about the snow, we have had plenty in Norfolk and Cambs maybe not as much as you guys in Staffs , battery fitted all good.Now all I need is a battery cover.Safe driving!Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page