A basic question re keys - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

I have just bought a 2007 2 litre automatic CMax and am very pleased with it except for the silly "passive ?" key idea.

My wife and I both use the car and the idea of not being able to lock/unlock remotely with 1 of the keys and having to put the key in the ignition when you unlock the door, in order to stop the alarm going off is a pain.

What is the best way of getting another "proper" keyless key please so we both have one ?

Many thanks

Jimbob2[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM

Two ways
1) get Fraud to do the whole job
2) try find ing a local autolocksmith and see if they are cheaper to do the whole job

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 8 Old 03-05-2012, 03:51 PM
miv

I was in the same position as you. After spending time trying to avoid the Ford agents I did at last buy a fancy key from them. Done whilst I waited, after booking. It cost me 230 and I consoled myself a bit by mentally adding that to the cost of the car. I will remember that the next time I buy a car.

2007 Auto 2.0 Titanium

post #4 of 8 Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
230 for a key with a chip and remote in it is outrageous! Probably costs about 50p to make in some factory in Taiwan! I also think it's pretty crap that you don't get two proper keys. My wife (Who doesn't drive) has our spare key so she can get into the car if she gets back before me. She invariably sets off the alarm when she opens the door with the key in the keyhole. Is there any way to lock the car without setting the alarm? I only ever press the lock button once, which, in my last car with an alarm, locked it only. A second press activated the deadlocks and set the alarm. With the Cmax, the alarm seems to come on with the first press.
My opinion of car alarms is pretty low, as no-one seems to pay the slightest attention to them when they go off, and it's usually something daft like next doors cat, which used to set the other one off by jumping on the car bonnet, usually at about three in the morning!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 8 Old 03-06-2012, 02:18 PM

I've just found
The Autolocksmiths Assoc which has a searchable list of registered members

http://www.autolocksmiths.net/

Richard
post #6 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM

I am in need of another flip key myself. I asked in my local Timpson and he can supply a flip key and programme it for 90.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksta View Post
I am in need of another flip key myself. I asked in my local Timpson and he can supply a flip key and programme it for 90.
I DO NOT believe they will have the equipment to be able to get to the imobiliser to programme the key so that you can start the engine

Richard
post #8 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G View Post
I DO NOT believe they will have the equipment to be able to get to the imobiliser to programme the key so that you can start the engine
Well he did have a box of tricks that copies the immobliser code and then transfers it to the new key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page