Auto lights/wipers - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Smile Auto lights/wipers

Just got my new -Max Titanium 1.6 Ecoboost, and had it's first long run to Bakewell yesterday. I was hoping for a dry run,to keep it nice and clean, but it rained quite a bit on the way home.
Now, my question is this - I had problems with the imtermittent wipe. Sometimes it worked, and didn't always respond to frequency chages, and I mostly had to resort to single wipe. Does auto - wipe only work when the lights are on Auto, or when the screen gets wet, please?

Otherwise, it was a great ride, very pleased, on the whole. It's good to have door pockets in the rear doors again, but I would have liked a compartment with a lid in the centre console, for parking change.
Still getting used to the info system.
One thing which I'm working on, is that the aerial catches my up-and-over garage door bracing arms - ok on the way in, but not on the way out. My last car, a 320d Touring, had an integrated aerial, so no problem At the moment I'm tying it down until it's out of the garage, rather than unscrewing it - ok for me, but not for my wife. Is there a shorter aerial available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Never mind all the questions, did you buy any Bakewell tarts? Yummy.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #3 of 9 Old 08-26-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Yes, Bottletree, of course, silly boy, it was the Farmer's Market. We bought a Bakewell tart, an Apple Crunch tart, both from The Pudding Company, two slices of Stichelton cheese, a slice of almond tart with brambles (ate that straight away, of course), some mushrooms, four lime curd tarts with blueberries, a kilo of Azorieblue Brazilian coffee - highly recommended - a lemon meringue, then chatted with a chap about his wise purchase of Thornbrige Jaipur beer while we enjoyed coffee and a bacon sandwich at the King's Court restaurant, again recommended.
Serve you right for asking. Can also recommend Meadowfresh butchers, Chesterfield, as visited by the Hairy Bikers, for their really excellent pies.
Now, about my wipers.....lol

post #4 of 9 Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 AM

I must admit I'm not a fan of the auto wipers. I always have mine on the second most sensitive setting but often find them slow to react when you pulling away from stationary. To be fair though they do work well as the rain gets heavier and they switch to fast wipe.

You don't need your lights in auto for the auto wipers to work but if you have then the dipped lights will come on after the auto wipers have had 5 continuous wipes of the screen.

I don't know if you've found out yet but when you switch the wipers to continuous they will turn intermittent when you stop then restart continuous when you drive away.

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-27-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, jumborat, that could explain why they didn't seem to work as they have on other cars I've driven. Normally, for intermittent wipe, you move the arm up one notch, and control the intervals with a rotary control, but I found that whether they were set to fast or slow, they often didn't seem to want to work, so I had to resort to full wipers, or flick wipe. This was, to be fair, while travelling in slow moving traffic, so will have to check further.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM

The Titanium spec cars don't have intermittent, it's replaced with the auto setting. The rotary dial adjusts the sensitivity of the rain sensor.

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Ah, I see, jumborat, many thanks. RE-reading the manual, it seems that the first position of the arm initiates Autowipers, which then operate when the sensor detects rain, and the rotary switch ajusts the sensor sensitivity. I missed the hand=over when we collected the car, as I had to nip home for my driving licence, which I'd forgotten, and it never occurred to ask, as I didn't expect things to be any different to what we were used to.
Next thing to sort is unlocking only the driver's door, rather than all doors.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM

Hi there GeoW...the driver manual tells you how to program the key to open only the driver door with one click and all with 2 clicks or all doors with 1 click. If you can't find it message back and I will have a look.

Grand C max 2011 Dark Micastone 1.6 Diesel,Family pack,appearance pack,Ford radio and sat nav.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Sandman, I've sorted the unlocking programming. Must admit I'm enjoying driving this car - it's comfortable, fast enough for me, great audio system, and I'm looking forward to many happy miles. Still not too sure about the wipers, though, I think I prefer the ordinary intermittent programme, but expect I'll get used to it. We would have liked boot door handles at both sides, rather than just one side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page