air/oil filter change - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Just a quicky for anyone who like me has recently bought a diesel C-Max and is a little perplexed about oil filter change. Reading the threads on where it is.I was looking under the offside wheel arch and found a large canister thereand was wondering if that was thefuel filter as all the advice says it is over the driveshaft on the right hand side of the engine behind the fuel filter.Well of course they are turning the engine to a front rear position in that advice and when you are used to cannister filters it was a bit of a puzzle.
After reading the Haynes manual it shows the fuel filter clearly and with the top engine cover removed, hey presto it is there right in front of youright in front of the engine bay. And there underneath is the oil filter ...a 27mm plastic hexagonalfitting on the top of the cover that you unscrew and the whole lot comes out.
I was a bit relieved to say the least and it was a simple to pull out the old filter and reassemble with the new one.An extension bar and 27mm socket is all you need although it was a bit tight and I wondered if the plastic would bear the amount of torque needed to unscew it but it did.
I did not need to disconnect anything like cable ties but that may depend on your car, it can be fiddled through on mine.

Then the air filter, mine really needed a change and it was again straight forward being situated on the right of the engine bay. Thebolts are small torque headed so a torque key set will help although I re-tightenedusing a small bladedscrew small driver as they are fairly deep in the cover so a longer torque key or suitable screw driver is best.
I hoovered the box out as there was quite a lot of solids such as bits of leaves and grit in the box.

So if you like me are wondering where the heck it all is it was easy enough and certainly no worse than any other vehicle I have worked on.
Sorry to borethe owners who have done this on a regular basis but hope it is a help to those who like me are doing it for the first time.
Mammachou

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page