air filter upgrade? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

just wondering if anyone has upgraded their air filter. Its nearly that time for a service and I'm considering a K&N, pipercross or possibly a BMC for my 1.6 Zetec100. I've been told they help increase the airflow and reduce the revs slightly. This is my main aim as there is nothing worse that sitting on the A1 at 75mph doing over 3500revs and running a miserly 36-38mpg
I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, possibly even noticed any difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 PM

From the revs for the MPH figure I suspect you have the petrol in which case there is little to be gained from a K&N due mainly to running a lot of the time with only a partially open throttle plate

For the diesels the K&N gives between 7 & 10% in MPG figures if our 1.6 is anything to go by

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 13 Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Any upgrade of filter whether that be k&n pipercross etc, is going to be better than the crappy paper thing manufacturers put in as std it will certainly give better airflow & filtration as for any increase in power i would doubt whether you will notice any difference i certainly didn't when i upgraded mine to k&n the only true way of knowing what these upgrades give you is to get it on a rolling road,

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control

post #4 of 13 Old 11-08-2011, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

I think I'm gonna get one just for the lifetime guarantee and the main fact that they are re-useable.
I'm not going down the air cone route though, just the drop in replacement
post #5 of 13 Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athonycmax
Any upgrade of filter whether that be k&n pipercross etc, is going to be better than the crappy paper thing manufacturers put in as std it will certainly give better airflow & filtration as for any increase in power i would doubt whether you will notice any difference i certainly didn't when i upgraded mine to k&n the only true way of knowing what these upgrades give you is to get it on a rolling road,

I saw about the 10% increase in MPG on our 1.6 diesel

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 13 Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 PM

I probably got an increase in mpg & i suppose there was a slight increase in bhp although i never noticed it the main reason i changed to a k & n was mainly because quality wise it is better than the oem paper one,

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #7 of 13 Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM

I've had a Jetex panel filter in for nearly 7 years now, cleaned it and reoiled it 3 times, still looks like new when it's been cleaned.
I put the paper filter back in whilst the other one was drying once and there was a noticable drop in power in especially in 2nd gear, felt like the handbrake was on very slightly.

54 Plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black, Xenons, Sony 6CD, ESP & F&R Parking Sensors
post #8 of 13 Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonman
I've had a Jetex panel filter in for nearly 7 years now, cleaned it and reoiled it 3 times, still looks like new when it's been cleaned.
I put the paper filter back in whilst the other one was drying once and there was a noticable drop in power in especially in 2nd gear, felt like the handbrake was on very slightly.

nice to know xenonman. I'm going to get one now for the simple reason that anything has to be better for the car than the crappy paper ones. Better MPG would be good, BHP is not a major issue (other half drives the car most of the time)[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]
post #9 of 13 Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

what they said hahahaha[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
post #10 of 13 Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM

So is it worth getting a K&N/Jetex filter for our 1.8 diesel?

55 plate 1.8 Ghia tdci(115) 5 spd in Magnum Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page