Advice on possible scrapping 06 cmax - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Advice on possible scrapping 06 cmax

Hi all looking for a little advice please

My misses has a 06 tdci chia it has the dreaded cvt box !!!!!!!
Yep it's spat its dummie out and will barely move under its own steam now . I've been quoted 2000 to replace it plus a poss 400 if it needs ecu .
On top of this the stereo doesn't work for about 10-20 mins from start up
. This has been like it for while I've had a car electrician look at it and they say it can't be fixed . Replacement is 1800 from ford and I can't go aftermarket as this system has all the controls to the ac etc etc built into the face .
All this added up means I don't think it's worth me throwing any more money at it . It killing me in the last 2 years it's has a new turbo and the evrv changed aswell

I'm guessing it would be worth around 3600-3900 if it was all working properly ?
How much do people reckon it would be worth selling as is ? I know iys only a guess but just trying to weight my options up . It's fully loaded leather , 17 inch rims etc etc
Just don't know what to do . Any advice appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM

That's a real shame matt. I hope you get a good price and hopefully the next car will be a goodun.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #3 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatt View Post
Hi all looking for a little advice please

My misses has a 06 tdci chia it has the dreaded cvt box !!!!!!!
Yep it's spat its dummie out and will barely move under its own steam now . I've been quoted 2000 to replace it plus a poss 400 if it needs ecu .
On top of this the stereo doesn't work for about 10-20 mins from start up
. This has been like it for while I've had a car electrician look at it and they say it can't be fixed . Replacement is 1800 from ford and I can't go aftermarket as this system has all the controls to the ac etc etc built into the face .
All this added up means I don't think it's worth me throwing any more money at it . It killing me in the last 2 years it's has a new turbo and the evrv changed aswell

I'm guessing it would be worth around 3600-3900 if it was all working properly ?
How much do people reckon it would be worth selling as is ? I know iys only a guess but just trying to weight my options up . It's fully loaded leather , 17 inch rims etc etc
Just don't know what to do . Any advice appreciated
Try having a look at what the parts are fetching on ebay and if you have the space, time and ability consider breaking for the parts sold seperately

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else

post #4 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM

Hi cmatt, like richard G states if you have the space & time breaking your cmax & selling the parts from your car may well get you more than just scrapping it, you state it has a full leather interior if that's in good condition that should fetch quite a few quid!! the way you have described it, it sounds like it was a nice motor until the cvt went **** up!!

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #5 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Yes I was thinking of stripping it . The main thing putting me off is after selling things like the wheels leather bumpers etc stuff I guess would go fairly easy I could end up being left with a large chassis / plant pot in the garden lol . Really need to get as much back as poss to pay for new motor .
The car was my mums from almost new so I know it's history it has everything on it heated this electric that it was nice seems such a shame just can't see any other way .
post #6 of 14 Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 PM

another option could be to take some good pictures of it & what its got, put it on ebay with a reserve and see if it generates any interest, like you said all the good bits will go and you could be left with a giant plant pot!!!!!!!!

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #7 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Well she has a friend who works in ford and " he will get us a good deal " lol she will have to find out for herself .
Back in the real world I think the eBay idea might be worth a go I'm sure the engine complete must be worth something and I don't have the equipment to remove or send it !
Does anyone agree with my rough pricing assuming it was in good running order of around 3500-4000 private sale ?
post #8 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 05:07 PM

Private sale price for a fully working car is about right.
Breaking prices I would suggest are:
Wheels 250
Interior 400
doors bare 50 each
Bonnet 20
Hatch 50
Bumpers 50
Engine ? going to say 700
Lights 40 pair
Switches etc 15 each.
Axles/ brakes 100 complete
You have lots of things that will sell but do you want the hassle of selling in bits? Best bet is sell as a non runner and see what you get offered.
Having broke a few cars over the years, the hard to get or pricey parts go quickly and then you are sat with a partly stripped shell or a garage that looks like a breakers yard.Plus you need to add in the time taking parts off,packaging etc and the hassle of dealing with idiots who want brand new parts for a 1

2006 2.0tdci ghia,
post #9 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks very helpfully post . No I don't want the aggro , time and mess of breaking it myself ! I'm all too aware of eBay idiots lol

So if I could get around 1200-1500 complete I'd be happy ( if you could call it that )
post #10 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 PM

I think thats a reasonable price to expect however expect people/ traders wanting to pay a lot lower. LOL .

2006 2.0tdci ghia,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page