1.8 Ghia Electric Handbrake!! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Hi, Has anybody else had any problems with their electric handbrake??
I have a 55 plate (06) C Max Ghia
The light is on on the dash, I've had it looked at by main dealer and they said I need a new 'Electric handbrake Actuator', quoting me 535 + VAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody got any ideas where I can get one of these from a little bit cheaper please??

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Hi and35, welcome to the club! Unfortunately the electric handbrake on these vehicles when they go faulty there's no real cheap fix & if you by one yourself & fit it you have to have it programmed to the car

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #3 of 8 Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM

Does the break still function? I know that the EPB failure light is voltage sensitive and one of the first warnings that comes on as voltage drops. Is your battery fully charged and does the car start easy. Dont get your hopes up but its worth checking.

Ed

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

post #4 of 8 Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 PM

post #5 of 8 Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Cheers mate, brake still works fine, car starts first time! Looks like I'm going to have to live with the light on the dash, Thanks to everyone for their replies
post #6 of 8 Old 08-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
This is one of the reasons I didn't buy a C4 Picasso! They have an electric handbrake. I haven't actually heard any horror stories about it (Yet). I just didn't like the sound of it.I do know that Ford have discontinued it on post 07 C-Max vehicles so there must be a good reason for that. As a life long Engineer (Marine) I am unable to see what the reasoning behind this "Inovation" is. For instance, why did they think it was a good idea?? Why was it intruduced in the first place? The old idiom, "If it aint broke, Don't fix it!" Never rang more true!"How can you possibly improve on what is already mechanical perfection? And WHY??????? Flumoxed!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #7 of 8 Old 08-25-2011, 03:47 AM

Cant agree more Budgie!

I am also an Engineer marine and oil rig electrical, Having just returned from a few days in the Lake District all I can say of this stupid brake is that before I disliked it now I hate it and I am thinking of changing cars because of it.

Ed

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

post #8 of 8 Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 AM
33q

I guess I'm one of the few that like this feature. My previous car was a new VW Tiguan, again with an electric handbrake. On the Tig the handbrake released automatically....I wish the Cmax did too. On this very subject can you adjust the release point for the clutch? My clutch has to crush the carpet before it will release.

2005 2.0 tdci Ghia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page