05 Cmax air con problem. - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Hello,
New member here and Help needed !! I have a 05 plate Cmax Titanium 2L tdci and the air conditioninghas stopped working properly, it starts up ok and gives out cold air from vents, then a hissing noise can be heard in the car, then the temp out of the vents drops, then I can hear the air con compressor switching in and out at about one minute intervals. Has any member had this experiance.
Any help/advice would be great.
Thanks Steve

2 Litre Diesel Ghia Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM

I think it's time to check for a (partial) leak of the refridgerant

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 17 Old 07-07-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I took my car to Halfords as they do a free check they put their guage on and the reading was very low, so on the strength of that a brought a "Ezchill" kit the one where you buy a reusable "trigger dispenser + guage" and a disposiblecanister.
I tried the guage on first to see if I had the same reading well it said it was full and didnt need any more gas.
Back to Halfords tomorrow!

post #4 of 17 Old 07-09-2011, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Hello,
Got my money back on the Ezchill kit and took my car to Kwik Fit they put it on there machine for 45 minutes and the result was that it did need some more gas it was almost half full.
But the air con still doesnt work correctly so i wasnt charged a penny (see web site) they recommended that I take it to a ford dealer.

post #5 of 17 Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 AM

I had a terrible time with kwikfit recently (read my posts about the subject) and ended up taking it to someone who actually knew what they were doing. They put some uv dye in the system and found a leak from the condenser. I sourced and fitted a condenser myself and the garage were good enough to re gas it for me for free. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia
post #6 of 17 Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 AM

The air-con condensors on these are prone to corrosion and leaks. The condensor from ford is 290ish inc VAT, you can get them off e-bay BRAND NEW for around 80. Not sure how much to get fitted, takes about 1.5hrs i think.

04 C-Max 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #7 of 17 Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjbc1

The air-con condensors on these are prone to corrosion and leaks. The condensor from ford is 290ish inc VAT, you can get them off e-bay BRAND NEW for around 80. Not sure how much to get fitted, takes about 1.5hrs i think.
Got mine from eBay delivered for 62. Took me just under two hours and that included time to let the intercooler drain of engine oil.

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia
post #8 of 17 Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiSpud
I had a terrible time with kwikfit recently (read my posts about the subject) and ended up taking it to someone who actually knew what they were doing. They put some uv dye in the system and found a leak from the condenser. I sourced and fitted a condenser myself and the garage were good enough to re gas it for me for free. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Hi there,

We were concerned to
read
your comments above about your visit to a KwikFit centre.

We would like to
discuss this
further with you - please could you message us your contact number?
Someone at
head office will give you a call.

Kind regards,
Gerry

post #9 of 17 Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Hello,Update on air con problem took it to a Ford main dealer, T C Harrisons in Peterborough, they were very help full put a dye into the system they said they could not find a leek because the air con pump would not stay on due to the engine cooling fan not coming on.They said it could possibly be that the fan is broken.I disconnected the fan and put a 12v supply onto it but it would not start then I checked for voltage at the other side of the plug and got a reading of 12v, ignition was not on.Any help/adviseon testing the fan would be great .Regards Steve

post #10 of 17 Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman
Hello,
Update on air con problem took it to a Ford main dealer, T C Harrisons in Peterborough, they were very help full put a dye into the system they said they could not find a leek because the air con pump would not stay on due to the engine cooling fan not coming on.
They said it could possibly be that the fan is broken.
I disconnected the fan and put a 12v supply onto it but it would not start then I checked for voltage at the other side of the plug and got a reading of 12v, ignition was not on.
Any help/adviseon testing the fan would be great .
Regards Steve
MM
Mike
Sounds similar to your problem with the PCM wasn't it that provided a pulse feed to the fan motor

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page