|Are all Ford dealers a complete waste of air??? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

|Are all Ford dealers a complete waste of air???

Sorry, I am in a bad mood and need to vent!

As some of your know, I am looking to get a new Grand C-Max.
On Saturday I went quite a few miles miles, going to the three nearest dealers.
Dealer 1 was not interested, I think he had met his target,
Dealer 2 was more interested in selling me a Ford Direct car than a new one
Dealer 3 was OK, he showed me the grand C-max (even though the boot would not open) and a C-Max which the boot would open.

I explained to him that I needed an automatic as I cannot drive clutch cars anymore due to damage to my left foot.
He then told me a tale of a woman who always bought autos and orderd a C-Max off him. When it arrived it was a majual and he was implying it was here fault for not checking the order (even though he had only ever sold her autos)

Anyway we arranged to have a test drive in a C-Max today and I would phone him up this morning to fix a time.
This is how the conversation went:-

D:- "We can do Wednesday or Saturday because that the days the car is available"

Me:- "I thought we had agreed today?"

D:- "Yes, but the car isnt available"

Me:- "You dont work saturdays do you? "

D:- "No, but one of the other dealers can take you out in it"
"
Me:- (sigh) OK, but before we agree a time, I had better check with you it IS an automatic?"

D:- "Oh no, we dont have an auto"

Me:- "So how was I supposed to have a test drive then?"

D:- "I thought I could drive and you could feel how good the car was"

(Are you figgin kidding me? How am i supposed to feel how the car handles, the steering, the brake, the roll? A car always feels different from a passengers seat..)

Me:- "thats not acceptable, I need to feel how the car is"

D:- "oh ok, well IF we get an auto in we will contact you"

Great, so my options are either pay my money for a car I have not even driven in the hope that its a good fit, if not I am stuck with it for three years
or wait possibly months for the dealer to have an automatic in.

I am not asking the earth, but would you buy a new car you hadn't actually driven??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 09:46 AM

Ah,the joy of dealers.
It`s not just fraud,when I was buying a Toyota Aygo for my Mother,I told them we would like to test an auto (sorry sir,we don`t provide auto`s for demonstrations).

MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Ford used to be great, they would have a 24 hour test drive for Talkback members, a great way toi test a car. Now it seems "give us your money and be greatful we give you a car"

The Nissan dealer with the Qashqai+2 has let me take the car twice for a test drive whereever I wanted to go, without him even being in the car!

Mercedes B Class, not a problem to test drive an auto, Vauxhall the same.

have to admit, if this is the problems I am having getting a test drive, what is their afterservice going to be like?

post #4 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Maybe a move to the USA is in order! Apparently, it's difficult to get anything else over there! Our neighbours daughter moved to the USA with her (Ex RAF) Husband when he took up a job with NATO. She had to get an American licence after so long and wanted to take it in her own manual car, a 2nd hand VW Golf. She had a long wait for the test, because, apparently, there were only two examiners qualified to do manual tests in the entire state of Virginia! After she passed they decided to buy a new Golf but had to settle for a DSG 'box because there was a six month wait for a manual! A bit ironic after waiting so long for the manual test!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Budgie View Post
Maybe a move to the USA is in order! Apparently, it's difficult to get anything else over there! Our neighbours daughter moved to the USA with her (Ex RAF) Husband when he took up a job with NATO. She had to get an American licence after so long and wanted to take it in her own manual car, a 2nd hand VW Golf. She had a long wait for the test, because, apparently, there were only two examiners qualified to do manual tests in the entire state of Virginia! After she passed they decided to buy a new Golf but had to settle for a DSG 'box because there was a six month wait for a manual! A bit ironic after waiting so long for the manual test!
Dont get me started on the prices for cars in the USA compared to the UK!! LOL
post #6 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM

Aye! But have you seen some of the garbage the poor bu***rs have to drive round in? I must admit it's some years since I was last there, but unless there's been a vast improvement, apart from the imports, it's pretty dire!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #7 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Aye! But have you seen some of the garbage the poor bu***rs have to drive round in? I must admit it's some years since I was last there, but unless there's been a vast improvement, apart from the imports, it's pretty dire!
They do have some nice cars now, new Mondeo will debut in the USA, last time I was there I had a Mazda CX9, fantastic soft roader, overall they are getting a lot better with their car choices, plus the imports which cost double for less spec over here....
post #8 of 9 Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 PM

Aye! Well there has to be some reason why people would stay. Every time I flew out to the USA to join a ship I was almost made to feel like a criminal! I was actually strip searched once because their immigration gorillas thought I was a drug dealer! Wonderful country! Shame about the people!
The new Mondeo is apparently going to be called "Fusion" over there, probably because most of them don't realise the rest of the world actually exists and wouldn't understand the concept of a "World" car!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #9 of 9 Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Aye! Well there has to be some reason why people would stay. Every time I flew out to the USA to join a ship I was almost made to feel like a criminal! I was actually strip searched once because their immigration gorillas thought I was a drug dealer! Wonderful country! Shame about the people!
The new Mondeo is apparently going to be called "Fusion" over there, probably because most of them don't realise the rest of the world actually exists and wouldn't understand the concept of a "World" car!
Ah yes, "world car" goes very well with Baseballs "World series" :-0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page