C-Max Owners Club banner

speeding ticket

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  supercmaxer 
#1 ·
just got done ,35 in a 30mph zone !! my question is , my tom tom gives an audible warning of fixed cameras. but is there anything I can buy to give me a warning of mobile speed cameras? I find my speed creeps up very easily, its an automatic c-max diesel. any help would be much appreciated. bill..

#4 ·
I have a satnav program on my Android phone called Sygic, it includes user reported speed camera alerts and possible usual locations. It also gives you the option of setting a percentage of the speed limit and wil warn you when you go over that limit. It makes a sound and displays a warning triangle, enough to get your attention but not in an annoying way.You can get it for Android and Apple phones and I find it works really well, you can even get live traffic updates. It costs about 15 euros for a lifetime licence and about 10 euros a year for the traffic/speed camera locations - not bad I thought.http://www.sygic.com/en/
Edited by: jimblob

#6 ·
You can download free POI for both TomTom & Garmin SatNavs fromwww.trapster.com this covers all camera types.You can also download for smartphones with SatNav, these have a live update facility as well. Regular daily updates are available for SatNavs whilst smartphones enjoy the live updates. The database covers most of the world. The only downside is that there is no indication of the speed limit with the warning. I have both the TT database and Trapster on my Satnav and have found the Trapster to be more accurate. You can also get an Inforad GPS based "detector" from Halsfords and other stores from £39.99 with free updates for life, these covers all camera types as well. I am still benefiting from these after 8 years at least.

DodgerEdited by: dodger

#7 ·
I can certainly vouch for the Pocket gps data base. I used it on my TomTom for a time, and while visiting family in Rotherham, we were driving along the Bawtry road towards Wickersley when the TomTom alerted the possibility of a mobile unit. As it happened I wasn't speeding, but my Brother in Law who lived there said "What's that thing kicking off about"? I said it was warning of a possible speed trap, to which he replied "I've never seen one there" or something like that. We came round a bend in the road, and there, in a lay by, was a Bobby with a Hi Vis Jacket and a speed gun!! Should have seen the bro' in laws face! It was a picture!! I haven't used them for some time now as TomTom had an offer on their own service, but it shows that it's pretty accurate!

#8 ·
many thanks to all who replied, and gave me so much extremely useful information, again thank you all ..i have now got to attend a speed awareness course £80.00 !! to avoid 3 points on my licence, clean up to now , i am 67 !!! most of my life was spent on motorcycles , best bike i had was a bmw r65 1981, happy days . bye bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.