New car - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Hi all,
just got the wife a 53 renault scenic and today is the first real trip i`ve had it. I was obviously the passenger but this allowed me to check things out. First impression is that its a lot bigger internally but the seats are not as comfortable the actual bit you sit on is to small. Visibility is a little better also. The thing i love is the central led dash and soft touch dashboard i guess its a love or hate thing but i like it. The ride is very good and soaks up all the bumps but its no where near as good round corners as the max. Overall i`m pleased we got it but i still like driving the max. Anybody else got one of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 AM

No, but I did test drive one when looking for a car last year. It just didn't handle anything like as well as the cmax. I found it very 'wallowy' [img]smileys/smiley29.gif[/img] in almost all circumstances, except in a straight line. My feeling at the time [which has proved correct, me thinks] is that the scenic was a more comfortable place to be on the test drive, but that this apparent 'niceness' would wear thin very quickly. I'm glad I made the 'right decision'. The cmax has a much better driving position and sits on the road with some real assurance. It's a car I can use everyday, whereas I think I might get a bit sick of the scenic's less than good road manners. The cmax has its irritations, but even in my lowly variant, it do drive great, and in the end that's what counts for me.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Next door neighbour has a Scenic & her hubby thinkks it`s too big for the engine size and it rolls in bends too much.She loves it but does like our C-Max & I rekon she`ll have one next.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 PM

"french" suspension is always considered to be very soft and wallowy

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #5 of 10 Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Thought I would join in as I now have another car on the driveway!

This is a Volvo V70 2.5 SE Auto, 1997 P reg and I must say, very nice and a first for me.
Been sitting on the In-Laws driveas the PX for the car was low and they felt it would be better with us as we wanted to fit the c-max with a towbar and the Volvo has one along with fullVolvo service history.

Got a snagging list that I'm going through, just small stuff like new reg plates, new headlight wipers and four new Marshall tyres and yet to do is get the rear bumper resprayed as the original paint has come away in big patchs.
But the big one on the snag list is that the rear pax door will not open from either side and the CL will not operate on that door.
I think my father inlaw had the door stop bar replaced by a "mate" and this I think this has caused the problem. Door card is off (tricky to get off with the door closed) so that's one problem sorted.
Anyone here know a good auto locksmith?!!
post #6 of 10 Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 PM

If you can now get to the door internals you should be able to find the linkage and operate it from there

you could always see if there is an exploded diagram in a haynes manual or even try emailing Haynes and ask directly about the door linkage and problems

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #7 of 10 Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Hi Lawe,I used to work for ovloV a few years ago,mostly on the racing side (remember the 850 Estate Touring cars?),anyway as Richard said once the internals are visible you should be able to `flick` the linkage to work.If that does not work then the actual door actuator is knackered & needs a locksmith.
Another thing,make sure the engine oil is changed frequently otherwise you could end up needing the headgasket doing,also as it`s auto,keep an eye on the auto trans fluid level (once a week) as it will be expensive to fix.
I know you have full history but it always pays to check.

I loved the sound of the 5 cylinder engine on full revs ( brilliant).
Cheers
MM

post #8 of 10 Old 05-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Cheers MM for the tips.
Remember the 850's at full chat and have tried the sport mode That was fast!!
I was going to to do a oil change every 4 - 6 months or 5,000 miles to keep her in top form but I might see what the trans fulid is like and if easy, change it. Remember doing the same on the Delica.
As for the lock, hoping it's just a flick/grease/put back job but will be looking for a spare from a scrappy or ebay.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 AM

C-Max 4 sale. looking for Volvo 122s like they used to build'em.
!!

Doris.
2ltr TDCI Ghia 56 reg.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 AM

Nice motors,
I had a play in Sweden in one of those while out there on a driving course ,on snow of naturally !!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page