Expensive Scrappy! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-13-2011, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

I was idling away some time this morning with a mate going to a scrappy to find a couple of boot trim panels for an Audi A4. We wander in have a look around, pull off 2 bits of grey plastic that cover the side pockets similar to the ones in a C-Max boot, wander over to the hut and ask for a price from the inbred grunt merchants. 50! for two smallbits of plastic. We were dumbfounded! left them there and wandered away! Popped in to Audi dealer, can't remember the exact price, but under 8 a piece, new.

When did scrap dealers get so expensive! There parts are now more expensive than new. I suppose it goes some way to maintain their *** smoking habit. Dirty scumbags!

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-13-2011, 08:21 AM

They have been money grabbers for a while now.I wanted a water pump fpr my Range Rover Classic,a mate told me a yard not too far away had several V8`s going as spares so I went along & was told I could take one off a very rusty engine & it would be 175[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img].I walked away after telling them I could get a new one for 90.I can`t write their reply as it would offend everyone who reads this.MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 PM

I also agree scrap yards av got greedy, years ago they were great places to find good second hand parts, but they av jumped on the bandwagon & upped their prices knowing people won't pay dealer prices although metalmickey08 175 for pump from a scrappy is excessive!!! What makes it worse you even av to strip the part off yourself!!

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page