dreaming - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

ONCE UPON A TIME There was a land where a mear mortal could do technical things.Am i the only one who can remember? Mend your car with spaners+sockets, Repair wooden things with a hamer and nails, Cook food in a pan(ok maybe not me butt you know what im saying), Wash yuor hands with a bar of soap,And throw your rubbish in a dustbin with out thinking. Is this a true story or did any one else dream it with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM

I vaguely remember them days, was that around the time where you call a company, you could understand what they said AND were actually of some help,
The days where things were easy and you went to a shop and returned with your purchase, not wait for it to be dispatched from outer Mongolia to be there next month,
The days where you'd tell kids to behave and they did ( kind of!?) without answering back and being little gits,
Where it was good for you to fall out of a tree and wind yourself or break a bone,
Where kids played out in all weathers without fear of contracting a snuffly nose?

No, it was all fiction, never happened, things have always been as awkward...........

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 AM

I had one of those days yesterday.
Had my BMW z3 mot'd. fine. there was an advisory on a rear tyre so thought I would replace both now before the VAT goes up ( car only did 800 miles this year)as being a 2.8 you don't want to visit the scenery because of worn tyres. I wanted 2 Goodyear F1's to match the fronts. The rears are bigger -245/40series on 17 inch rims compared to the frontswhich are 225 /45.
First problem they have been superceded by an assymetric tread pattern- okay can I get two of those.
No everywhere I tried told me they are on back order with no delivery date in the forseeable future. Ended up putting 2 Falkens on the back. Not ideal but no choice and my front tyrs are onnly about a quarter worn..........

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 AM

Remember the days when you opened the bonnet and you could see your drive way each side of the engine

2.0 TDCi Ghia 06 in Panther black.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

thank god im not alone!!!!!!! marshal as for seeing the tarmac yuo would be luky now if you can see the engin under all the plastic bits.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-24-2010, 03:35 AM

I`ve just taken a jump to the old days by buying a mazda bongo. Shes 15 years old has twin air con, folding mirrors, seats 8 , and is a 2.5 diesel autobox with tints and electric sunroof. But the beaty is everything is switches no computers just switches.
www.bongofury.co.uk
post #7 of 8 Old 10-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyb
I`ve just taken a jump to the old days by buying a mazda bongo. Shes 15 years old has twin air con, folding mirrors, seats 8 , and is a 2.5 diesel autobox with tints and electric sunroof. But the beaty is everything is switches no computers just switches.
www.bongofury.co.uk
Great Van/Car/Motorhome etc..! Also known as a Ford Freeda.
My inlaws had one and I loved it. Opened up my eyes to jap imports and that's when I bought a Delica.
I think if I was going to get one, I would get a 4WD version just because of what the roads where like last winter.
What toys does yours have?

post #8 of 8 Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 AM

I remember the days you could fix something yourself. I had to act this out recently when my Hillman Minx broke down on the way back from MOT. It was bliss getting another distributor cap and rotor arm out of my garage loft, returning to the car and away she went first turn - Pure bliss. then when I got back home with it, put it in the garage and it wouldn't turn off - Went from one extreme to another in 30 mins.........

Chris
2006 1.8tdci style
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page