Dealer incompetance - Page 3 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 Old 11-04-2011, 02:39 AM

It seems none of the dealers are getting any better[img]smileys/smiley13.gif[/img],maybe a few of us should set up a place of our own for C-Max only[img]smileys/smiley25.gif[/img].
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 PM

I am not sure if I should be pleased by the comments on this or concerned... I thought I might be alone on this but evidentally not!!! I have been going through a process of elimination with my Ford garage for the past 2 weeks... Have you done this have you done that ? I am not the most switched on when it comes to mechanics but process of elimination shouldn't be that tough... My garage want to do a compression test which takes 3 hours and nearly 60 per hour, they have not confirmed...or should I say failed to answer if they have done a leak test or tested the high pressure pump... and yet they have confirmed there is 2 bar of pressure when it should be around 200 bar... The short version of my story... Went to work and 8 am, 20 miles later arrived no probs at all, went to start it at 5pm... dead... well it turned over.. the AA said camshaft position sensor so I changed...but not fixed. So took it to main dealer (not where I bought I should add), they said their diagnostic reads heater plugs... replaced... and knocking on 300 later ... still not fixed... the diagnostics said the car was in full working order. So to point this out, this is a Ford car in a Ford garage running a Ford diagnostic machine through a Ford qualified mech... and it concludes the car is fixed!!! But they can't start it..I have only had it 9 months and paid over 4000.... I am going to see what the garage I got it from says... It looks like I still have some recourse for action after this time... even if it's a contribution... the next head ache is I have been quoted 650 for high pressure pump plus VAT and fitting or 1000 for injectors plus VAT and fitting... need to see if I can get parts cheaper anywhere else... I am open to suggestions, advice or a miracle

C-Max, Engine Size 1997 (2.0 TDCi) GHIA on a 53 plate, registered Jan 2004 - A worth while read on this link
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/c_secondhand_cars.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page