Changes to the UK Motability Scheme - Page 2 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone asked Motability if you are still allowed to add factory options and pay for them yourself? e.g. if the Advance Payment is 1,500 can you choose to spend another 1,000 say on options and pay for them yourself as you can now? I was assuming the answer to this is "No" but perhaps I am reading the changes the wrong way.

This is what I did with the car I am awaiting. At the time ordered the AP for 1,300 (at least I think it was-it was certainly less than 2,000) but then I added factory options which were added to the original AP which takes me above 2,000. I don't mind paying a bit extra to get features that make my life easier and it seems daft if it is not allowed under the new rules as it is Motability that benefits from the higher spec.

Grand C-Max 2.0 TDCi PowerShift Auto. Panther Black - Titanium. Appearance, Convenience and Family Pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 PM

I would think that my previous note applies to this as well if having the extras make your life with diability easier to manage

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #13 of 16 Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 AM

Hi This isnt a knee jerk reaction from motability, I have a friend that works for them and when I finally managed to get top rate mobility for my severly sight impared child we were talking about how certain people only want top end cars, this was over 3 years ago!
The issue motability have with this is their scheme to help cover the cost of the advance payment is what is being abused when people apply for and are sucessful in getting the cost of these cars covered (it wasa minium of 200 payment for you, imagine if a person was sucessful in getting the other 14000 covered for the advance payment covered thats 7 other people they could have helped if there is a cap on the advance payment)!
I only know about this because the dealer told me under the new scheme my car wouldnt be available either, i ordered a titanium grand cmax with tinted windows and both front and rear parking sensors, not really an extravagant car (we could have gone with a zafira I supose and gotten used to driving that but I have had fords for years and love the way they drive)but its what we wanted, we couldnt really afford the advance payment but couldnt be bothered to apply for help to fund it so my mum gave me the loan instead.
The whole DLA system is so easy to abuseand I dont think the new personal independance payments will fix the issue, too many people get away with abusing the system and either never get caught or get a slap on the wrist, while those that are truely on need but dont play or dont know how to play the system dont get what the need! I couldnt get top rate mobility for my son when I applied off my own back even tho my son was sicker than my friends children and couldnt walk at all unaided (amazingly when we last applied I asked our consultant to fill in the back and they gave top rate mobility without a blink!)
As for the blue badge, I do look at people and think why are you using a blue bagde, normally is a 20 or 30 sometimes 40 something woman that gets out the car and runs off into town, but because my son doesnt look disabled I am often on the recieving end of the looks and questioning, but my son is more in need of it than the average person because if you put him next to a road and told him to cross over he would not be able to see the cars coming and would just step out into the road leaving him at risk of being run over!

post #14 of 16 Old 11-23-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

I knew that Motability helped with the WAV vehicles as they cost a fortune. As far as regular vehicles are concerned must admit I thought it was always a case of you pay your own AP. I certainly would not get a car with an AP unless I could afford to pay it and I save like mad to have my AP for each car.

Anyway, a very nice lady called me from Motability today. She confirmed that the 2,000 limit is only on the AP set by the manufacturer and Motability. If the customer wants to add factory extras to the vehicle on top of the AP and pay for them they have no objection so that can continue much the same as present.

So that at least is good news. The automatic drivers still have a restricted choice in comparison to the manuals but they are hopeful something will be worked out with the manufacturers.

Grand C-Max 2.0 TDCi PowerShift Auto. Panther Black - Titanium. Appearance, Convenience and Family Pack.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 PM

HiWell my new touran im getting is now not on the scheme as its over a 2k deposit and I dont want another ford (had 4 of em all broke down) and im not keen on vauxhall either so dont know what ill do in 3 years time (as I need a big boot for my chair and I like a quick diesel for motorways)but ill meet that bridge somehow in 3 years its not been thought through though.

2010 Ford Cmax Titanium 2.0 TDCI 140bhp Powershift with electric boot.
post #16 of 16 Old 12-17-2015, 07:35 AM

I'm pretty much sure and also a bit that they'll add some solutions within the considerations.
They won't just cut off their possibility of promoting new cars

Melansonc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page