C-Max Age Group - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

My friends and girlfriend say i am too young to own a C-Max. They reckon i am the youngest person ever to buy one.
I was 22 when i bought it.

Am i the youngest C-Max owner on this site?

I hope im not, just so i can correct my friends the next time they make a comment about my choice of car....
....while i am driving them on a trip somewhere in comfort, and reducing the fuel costs with my choice of a 2.0 TDCi, rather than being cramped in a saxo or fiesta, getting a headache from a loud exhaust or sound system, or whatever else the 'kids' these days have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM

My god you sound like 42 not 22 .lol
seriously though im 35 with a family my head had to rule my heart this time round ,after a fiesta st and two focus st. I went straight to a 1.6 petrol zetec and am getting around 120 miles more from a tank.but good for you on being sensible ,i think you may be the youngest as the c-max is not seen as cool with young drivers.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-23-2008, 01:50 AM

I also had a C-Max at 22 yrs but that was 3 yrs ago now, so you may still be!

post #4 of 18 Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM

You sound like you've got your head screwed on!
I'm 35 as well with wife and two kids, but this is not my only "car" that I have....

This my other beast and truely wish that this and the Focus C-Maxwere available when I was 22!
A lot better than cramped pocket cars!
post #5 of 18 Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Haha, nice!
I was in France last year at the start of the Rugby World Cup. My friends and i met these two blokes that bought one of these. They were intending on living in it while following the England Team to all the matches all around France. they both told their places of work they were taking two weeks holiday. But they told us they werent going back!!!! as the World Cup was lasting 4weeks!!!

Oh the freedom! I always remember those two blokes when i see one of these 'beasts'

I had the mandatory small cars before this one, Saxo, Two fiestas and my grandads nova!
But i got sick of 'kids' trying to get me to race, and police pulling me over 'just to check i wasnt joy riding'.

However, i have been pulled over in my C-Max already! One of those number plate cameras gave a miss reading and they thought i had no insurance! ofcourse it all checked out. The Booby got a shock though. When i we stop, out i get wearing a 'Hoodie' and baseball cap, while listening to Classical Music, a bit loud. HAHA!

2.0 TDCi Zetec
Now have Focus ST170
http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/imag...wners-logo.jpg
post #6 of 18 Old 05-28-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

My Girlfriend thinks is seriously uncool!!!

But she didnt conplain when it cost her next to nothing to drive up north. 400 mile round trip cost just 40, and the car was fully laiden, driven at speed!

Im still waiting for an apology from her.

2.0 TDCi Zetec
Now have Focus ST170
http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/imag...wners-logo.jpg
post #7 of 18 Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to gmwilkinson
I got my C Max 3 years ago when I was 24.

post #8 of 18 Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 PM

hmm 42 year old now and wish my old Galaxy drove like my cmax does 45mpg and if you drive it fast they take your license
post #9 of 18 Old 06-25-2008, 08:53 PM

Sorry for kicking up an old topic, but I now take the lead.......18 years old!!!!! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

C-Max is my first car - had it since i was 17.

And I too have been pulled by the police (sort of). First time we were in a carpark and were driving around 'cos we got lost and the police car behind us was tailgating us and speaking into his radio for 5minutes and the 2nd time they stopped me as part of a random search thing.

I think it's 'cos mine has ST style stripes on......
post #10 of 18 Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to mexman
lawe.... ive got a yellow diamond on the front of my shogun! nice to meet you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page