Anyone a BTCC fan? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 11-25-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

I am myself and was wondering if anyone else is?

I've just read that Ford will be back in the BTCC next year, 2 independant entries by the team Arena Motorsport, they will be using 2 Focus ST hatchbacks.
Will be great to see Ford back in the BTCC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 PM

I used to work on the Sierra BTCC cars & on the Mondeos,many moons ago.Wish I was well enough to still do it.I much prefer the old days as the racing was `none` contact(ha),took us ages to patch em up again.Best of times though.

post #3 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

When did you finish working in the BTCC, I first started watching it in 1994 when it was the best touring car championship in the world. All the best drivers were here and the cars were spectacular to watch, always on the edge.
Totally agree that the super touring days were better but the raacing in the new era BTCC is still very good, it just doesn't have the same depth of quality of teams or drivers anymore.

Do you go to any races?

post #4 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 AM

If the focus st is at all like my c max it wont get past qualifying
post #5 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

I reckon it will be a bit quicker than a C-max
post #6 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM

NO I did not mean the speed rob I had an old man in a fiesta blow me away the other day. I am on about reliability.
post #7 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM

BTCCprovides agood day at the races, but have to agree that the days when RS500's and M3's screamed about where better than today. Who would have though they would contemplate racing that huge T5 850!!

Great to hear that there will be some ST's in the field, but will that not be a name only ST, as they can't use the 2.5, only a 2.0 4 cylinder.

Wonder if the rumours of Volvo returning are true, me thinks that the C30 would use that same engine.
post #8 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

No doubt there will be some reliability issues to begin with as there usually are with new cars, but hopefully Arena which are a very good team can sort them quickly.

Your right about themnot being able to use the 2.5 5 cylinder engine, but if they can reduce the capcity to 2 litres then i think they can use the 5 cylinder engine still. this is what Vlovo do with the C30 in the STCC, which irrc is run to the same regulations as the BTCC.
Hopefully they can use the 5 cylinder as it would sound great
post #9 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 06:36 PM

I stopped working on them in 98.Also worked on Volvo 850 estates & saloons (great fun to drive).Worked in Auson Ford Falcons for a couple of years at the great race (Bathurst) & on Le Mans Bentley team for two years inc winning then on to the Audi winning teams.The BTCC drivers of my time were always up for a laugh and many pranks have been played on eveyone (Cleland )especially.These days they take it far too seriously.I really miss it.I`ve not been to any race for a couple of years (I`d be too tempted to get stuck in).Still watch on telly though.

post #10 of 26 Old 11-26-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMicky08
I stopped working on them in 98.Also worked on Volvo 850 estates & saloons (great fun to drive).Worked in Auson Ford Falcons for a couple of years at the great race (Bathurst) & on Le Mans Bentley team for two years inc winning then on to the Audi winning teams.The BTCC drivers of my time were always up for a laugh and many pranks have been played on eveyone (Cleland )especially.These days they take it far too seriously.I really miss it.I`ve not been to any race for a couple of years (I`d be too tempted to get stuck in).Still watch on telly though.
How jealous am i of you especially as you have worked in v8 supercars as well, i love watching them on the tv.
Which did you prefer working on, super touring, v8's or le mans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page