Warranties & Customer Service - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Hi,

Just thought I would start a thread to have a quick rant about Ford warranties!

I have been running my car around for a couple of months now (on those super smooth un-potholed uk roads that we all know and love so well...!). Overall I am very happy with my purchase, but I recently noticed whilst washing the car that the rear bumper did not appear to be located properly on one side and the whole bumper could be lifted about 6 - 9 mm back its correct position. The dealer I purchased the car from is somewhat distant from home, so I took it to a more local garage.

The Service Manager confirmed that this is classed as a "trim" issue and therefore not covered by the 2 year Ford Direct warranty that came with the car. I contacted the dealer I bought the car from and they have agreed to pay any costs for getting this corrected especially as in order to fully diagnose the problem the rear bumper assembly will have to be removed. Ford apparently won't pay for any diagnosis either.

The customer service of the garage from where I bought the car has been brilliant, but in the end they can't afford to indulge every whim. I am just curious as to why Ford appear so reluctant to keep their customers happy, especially if it is obvious that a car is in good condition and has been well maintained? After all, it is a reflection on their design and build quality and I would have thought that giving local dealers a little discretion as to whether to assist would help increase the Ford customer base.

Or are Ford so arrogant that they just don't care?

And3T

Black 59 Plate 1.6L TDCi Titanium/Privacy/Parking/USB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Well bumpers are there to be "bumped" :-) Frankly (from Fords point of viwe) it could have been you, or someone in another car, that hit the bumper and broke a clip etc. Which is what any "diagnosis" is likely to say. The garage you bought it from have a bit of good-will toward you, any other franchised dealer, if Ford won't pay them (remember they are NOT Ford) aren't going to do it for you. So, look yourself or get yr local independent / mobile mechanic to check it out.

2007 C-Max 2.0l Zetec auto in Panther Black
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 PM

As previously mentioned, Ford Dealers are privately owned and work on behalf of Ford.My experience of Ford Customer relationships is very poor, 15 Months later and I'm still doing all the running around whilst being humoured in a patronising manner.[img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img]

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page