Very Sick Cmax 1.8 TDCI 2006 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2012, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Question Very Sick Cmax 1.8 TDCI 2006

Hi
I would like to ask if anyone can shed some light on a problem that has develoved with my previousely reliable C Max that I bought a few years ago on 44,000 mls. I have put another 40,000 almost trouble free miles on this car with only a split intercooler hose, but last week just exiting the M4 motorway the Engine System warning light came on and the engine misfired to a halt, it took about twenty minutes and a lot of battery to restart it, I immediately took to my regular garage anf they checked the fuel pump pressure, vacuum checked the fuel system and declared the car healthy. Exactly 100 miles later in the same spot exiting the M4 motorway the car spluttered to a halt this time no warning lights and this time the car would not restart and had to be recovered.
The repair shop started the car the next day and ran it for a couple of hours but thought the pump might be at fault, I expected it to be a Delphi but this car has a Seimens pump, so at great expense the pump has been changed and the pressure is 10 percent higher than the old but the car will only run on tickover, if the throttle is pressed the Engine system warning light comes on and the car misfires and cuts out. As far as I am aware every logical check has been made any ideas please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Possibly an electrical fault? Wiring loom, or sensor?

2011 Grand C-Max Titanium
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2018, 11:34 AM

no diagnostic codes or dash lights being thrown up?

Ford Focus MK3 hidden menu - mr-fix.info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page