Trouble and Strife - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Trouble and Strife

My other half has managed to damage our Grand C-Max twice.

When it was a couple of months old she reversed it into another car - despite the reversing sensors with the coloured on-screen display and the warning beeps. Apparently the sensors didn't work. (They've always worked for me) She claimed there was no damage when she looked, but the dent and scratches in the bumper cost 250 to fix, and now the bumper doesn't line up properly.

Last week she surpassed herself. She managed to scratch and gouge the passenger rear door trim, dent an alloy, and damage a tyre whilst driving out of a car park. Apparently she clipped a kerb. Again she claimed that she'd checked there was no obvious damage, but the tyre blew at the end of our road due to the damage she caused.

Luckily I took out alloy wheel insurance, so the wheel was fixed for free, but the tyre cost 130 to replace with an identical one. I'm going to have to get the trim looked at by a body shop as the dealer only deals with mechanical problems. So I imagine that's going to be expensive.

I noticed today the steering wheel is no out of alignment too, so I'm going to have to get the wheel alignment checked, though that could be down to potholes given the moon-like surface we call 'roads' around here.

It's a lovely car and great to drive, I just hope I can keep it that way.

2011 Grand C-Max Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
It would appear your good lady scores 0/10 for spatial awareness! I personally think it would be cheaper for you to buy her a car of her own, something like a Fiat 500 or a Mini (The real ones, not the new trendy crap) that she can see the ends of!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 08-18-2012, 10:38 PM

Some people are not cut out for driving and should not drive because they can be a danger to themselves and more importantly to others.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page