A sad day..... - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Well I'm sorry to have to tell everyone this but i am no longer the proud owner of a C-Max.
Yes thats right after just 6 days back in our hands and a grand total of 57 miles the old girl has gone wrong again. Exactly the same area of problems but this time worse, much worse.
Mrs TeamSlinky took it for a long run out stopping off on the way to get our baby car seat fitted at the shop we bought it ready for our new arrival. It drove fine all the way there and most of the way home but about 10 miles from home it starting coughing and spluttering again and before she could do anything the auto gearbox starting trying to change the gear to compensate causing ample revving but no power.
The simple quick fix solution for this is to turn it off for five mins and start it back up which will enable us to get it back home, the only problem being she was stuck on a narrow fen road with no room to pull over with a river one side and a drop to the fields on the other. Doh!
So the usual drill encountered, ring the garage we bought it. They said simply thats enough, bring the car in and we'll either swap it out right for another or offer a refund. So thats what we did. We are now the proud owners of an 06 plate 130 bhp Ford Mondeo Ghia (TDCI 130 model).
We don't pick the car up until tomorrow so we said to save the hassle of sorting out a courtesey car etc we'll just cruise the Cmax home and then back and not use it anymore. Easier said than done though. We got 7 miles down the bypass when a sound that can only be described as a clonk of something falling off the car, bouncing and the hitting the bottom of car happend. Now this could have quite easily have been a stone, granted, but at the next junction (about 200 yards) we couldn't pull off.
The engine started making a weird fluttering sound, similar to a misfire and it just wouldn't move or in fact it did but it was literally a creep to the services at the junction. Oh Dear.
I phoned the garage again and said we may need the courtesey car after all. Fortunatley Mrs TeamSlinky has a cousin in the neighbouring town who came and picked her up while i attempted to take the Cmax back to the garage.
The only way i managed to get it anywhere was by flooring it right through the gears in manual mode but hey presto i eventually got back, picked up the courtesey car, picked up Sami, got home, walked the dog (quickly) and managed to get to our antenatal classes with 1 min to spare.
Not bad for an evening's work. Lets just hope that the Mondeo is a little more kind to us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM

Jeez, what a story[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]. It is extraordinary that the reliability of apparently identical cars varies so greatly. Very pleased you all got back home safely, eventually. Best of luck with your new motor. I hope it manages to get up those fenland mountains[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img].
Edited by: romseyraver
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 PM

Agreed that everyone got home safe and sound.
You had a good dealer there and I think in light of the failures you made the right choice.

Thanks for keeping us updated and hope all is well the new car and the other new arrival!

post #4 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 PM

Glad to hear everyone is OK, Good job it didn`t occur whilst in labour!
Hope you have all the luck with New car ( nice choice BTW, 6Speed? ), and also all the luck with your newaddition to Team Slinky!, when is Junior expected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page