road noise - Page 4 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 Old 07-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahoop7
Wind noise around seals can be stopped with a light application of silicon grease. The doors almost suck shut after application. That's grease not the more common spray - and don't go overboard or else it will end up on jackets and coats as you climb in.
Autoglymn rubber and trim dressing is very good.
There is also aproduct called Gummi pfledge whch BMW sell which members of the BMW z forum rate for treating the roof seals of the convertible hoods to stop leaks

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM

I've had our C-Max coming up for a year in September and covered about 7000 miles in it and mine is very quiet, all I can hear is a slight increase in engine note since I changed the air filter to a K&N one.

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver
post #33 of 37 Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM

I have to defer to the opinion of the above Senior Member. I've also done 7000 miles in mine since I got it and find it a very quiet car. Of course, on windy days, there is wind noise, and on rough roads there is tyre noise, but on a good road with no wind I hardly hear the car at all. No rattles, no shakes, no nothing, save for the engine when I'm going too fast. Much quieter than my friends Toyota Avensis diesel, for sure.

2004 1.6 petrol LX

post #34 of 37 Old 07-25-2010, 01:57 PM

We have had our Cmax for 2 months now and covered 3,500 miles in that time. The car is extremely quiet for a mainstreamhatchback and streets aheadof 2 Fusions previously owned ( one of which was newer than the Cmax and also fully loaded).
We hav also replaced the tyre pump kit in the boot with a spacesaver spare and that hasn't made any difference to the noise.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #35 of 37 Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 AM

50k miles 06 2.0 tdci ghia quiet and smooth to drive
falken 205/55/16 91V ZE912 on the front and uniroyal Rainsport 2 on the rear

2.0 TDCi Ghia 06 in Panther black.
post #36 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 AM

2005 1.6 Zetec TDCi.Original tyres Continental Sport Contact 2 205/55/16. The car appeared noisy from day one (road and wind), not bad but definitely inferior to the Mondeo we had part chopped (Pirelli P6000). Front tyres needed rerplacing at 12,000 miles because the tracking was out, probably like it from new since the car had never been knocked, asked Kwik Fit for Pirelli P6000's but they fitted P7's. Car seemed better and ran it like this until earlier this year. At 36000 miles the original Continentals were still on the rear and were virtually on the tread wear markers, the P7's were down to about 2.5mm, the car was definitely noisier than ever since conversation was difficult on the motorway, no problem in our other car. The final straw was when my dad who is pretty deaf asked what was making all the noise in the car. Mobile tyre fitter up the street suggested a set of Kumho Ecsta Sport KU31at 60 a tyre all in, best 240 I have ever spent. The road noise is now acceptable, best ever 430 mile drive recently. Two problems remain, the wind noise is probably more noticable now plus I can hear the wife.

Paul
post #37 of 37 Old 10-13-2020, 10:14 PM

My 2017 C-Max energi has only 23K miles and I've noticed a "whoop-whoop-whoop" noise from the (passenger side?) rear at low speeds (varies with speed). Tires were rotated 4K miles ago. It might be a tire, but I doubt it. I'll see if the sound moves to the front after the next rotation. If the sound stays in the rear, it's one of three possibilities: 1) drive-line, or 2) wheel bearing, or 3) caliper dragging on a warped brake disc. I'll check back to see if anyone else reports this issue with advice. Thanks. -- Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page