road noise - Page 3 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 AM

Don`t know if anyone with later C-Max models have noticed,but both rear doors seem to be lighter than the fronts & maybe that is causing the wind noise.I keep thinking one of the rear windows is down slightly.I also noticed that the rear passenger side door is the worst offender.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

I also have new tires but this does not solve the problem I have the spare tire,,,I have noticed that the noise is a lot better when we went on holiday with the boot fully packed,,so the boot acts as a sub woofer when empty..for a modern car I find this to be annoying[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
post #23 of 37 Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMicky08
I keep hearing a noise as if the n/s rear window is slightly down,but it`s not.I don`t get too much tyre noise though.
MM
both my last 2 Fusions and the 06 fiesta that preceded it had a habit of the rear windows opening slightly.
I either noticed through noise or when I soaked the inside of the car when hosing down.
All 3 cars had manual rear windows and I am convinced rear passengers knocking the winders was the cause.
No problem with the Cmax cos they're all electric

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.

post #24 of 37 Old 05-30-2010, 11:08 PM

I check eack time & they`re fully closed
.I was going to put some soundproofing padding (cut into strips) around the door frame on the body,but decided not to as it would look a real mess cos the padding is silver & I don`t really want to buy some blue paint only to find the padding made no difference.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #25 of 37 Old 05-31-2010, 03:54 PM

MM if you want to silence the rear of the car look at putting sound deadening in the doors and boot lining. It only works by reducing vibrations in large flat areas of the car.
As a side point, the newer cars generally come with puncture repair kits that have polystyrene parts in them........wonder if that plays a role in the noise reduction?

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #26 of 37 Old 06-04-2010, 02:48 AM

Wind noise around seals can be stopped with a light application of silicon grease. The doors almost suck shut after application. That's grease not the more common spray - and don't go overboard or else it will end up on jackets and coats as you climb in. As for road noise, my 1.8 zetec is very quiet. Certainly alot quieter than the brand new Seat Leon I rented on holiday!
post #27 of 37 Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM

I`ve got some silicone stuff so I`ll be trying that asap.
Thanks for the idea.
As for soundproofing in the boot,I`ve put an old blanket under the spare & it`s stopped the small boom sound I was getting.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #28 of 37 Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 PM

my wife often complains about road noise in the back (she sits in the back with the baby) i'm not so fussed means that she doesnt talk too much because she cant hear what i'm saying back !!!!

it is quite a bit louder than the fiesta i traded for it, just thought it was down to how open the back the car is and the rather light weight rear doors.

was considering forking out for some sound deadening - dynamat is highly recommeneded by a few friends of mine.

2008 1.8 TDCI ZETEC!
post #29 of 37 Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 PM

Check the StP (standartplast) - the same performance and much cheaper.I did my mondeo and results are great nearly at 50% price of the dynamat.
post #30 of 37 Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 AM

I noticed that there was a slightly annoying wind noise over 50mph. The large wing mirrors are the culprit on the C-Max.

2009 (59) 110 ZETEC -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page