Randall Cobb didn’t say it in front of the media - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-11-2020, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Randall Cobb didn’t say it in front of the media

Mike Daniels Color Rush Jersey , and he didn’t say it to Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. But Cobb used the same words Earl Thomas did when Cobb ran into Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott at NFL Honors in February: Come get me.“Yeah, he said that,” Prescott said. “It’s interesting looking back, and now that I’ve had a couple practices in with him, he’s an incredibly smart guy. I think that’s going to be the best thing that helps him pick everything up and just get going and be a big-time player in this offense.”The Cowboys signed Cobb in March to replace Cole Beasley in the slot.Cobb, who played only nine games last season because of injuries, posted an Instagram story earlier this week that seemed to suggest he comes into this season with a chip on his shoulder. The photo showed him with a potato chip sitting on his shoulder.“I’ve always got it; that’s nothing new https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Ja...illiams-Jersey ,” Cobb said, laughing. “I’ve had a chip on my shoulder since I was 7.“Obviously, you never want to miss games first off. You never want to not produce. As a receiver, we all want to have a hundred catches and go for 1,400 yards, but that’s not always the case. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the production I’ve had in the past. Obviously Dean Lowry Jersey , missing games, you don’t want to miss games. I want to be on the field, and I want to provide everything I can for this team.”Cobb’s 38 catches last season were his fewest since 2013 and his 383 yards and two touchdowns were his fewest since his rookie season of 2011. He had hamstring and concussion issues that limited him to 466 snaps. The Cowboys like what they have seen from the healthy Cobb so far. He’s only 28 and has extra motivation to have a big season.“I don’t think he’s lost a step,” Cowboys receivers coach Sanjay Lal said. “He has a chip on his shoulder because people think he’s washed up. Those are his words. So he did great all offseason, training. We train hard here. And he’s all in on that stuff.” The search for the next Green Bay Packers head coach is still in its infancy but judging by the list of candidates the team has reached out to so far, one common thread seems to be emerging.A need for discipline.This makes one assume both team president Mark Murphy and general manager Brian Gutekunst feel former coach Mike McCarthy was getting a little too lax and perhaps a little too comfortable with his players. Players were not being held accountable and that is what Murphy and Gutekunst apparently feel needs to change first and foremost.New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels seems to be the perfect candidate if this is the case. He’s stood up to Tom Brady multiple times and they’ve still succeeded together. He doesn’t come without his risks, but having Rodgers on the roster could be something that ultimately makes McDaniels fully commit to finally leaving New England.Others on the list also would install a strong sense of discipline including Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores who has called himself a disciplinarian and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak.Regardless of who the Packers hire Kentrell Brice Color Rush Jersey , it seems like restoring order is top of mind for the team. Gutekunst by all accounts had a phenomenal offseason but that didn’t translate onto the field.Gutekunst proved he can get the right ingredients. Now he just needs to find a talented chef.There’s more on the coaching search plus where the Packers rank as far as appeal in their coach opening in today’s cheese curds.Packers’ confirmed coaching candidates indicate a desire for discipline—PackersNews.comWhile the Packers never had the look of a team completely lacking discipline, players were not being held accountable for their mistakes so that is where Green Bay is focusing on their search it appears.Packers clean out lockers—Packers.comUncertainty hung in the air over Lambeau Field more than any time in the last 13 years Monday as players emptied their lockers. The team will likely look vastly different in 2019, it’s just not clear who will be back and who won’t.Packers gain plenty of company in their coaching search—Wisconsin State JournalThere are now eight openings in the NFL, which is 25% of the league. Green Bay will have to move fairly quickly to get their guy despite the obvious attractiveness of their job.Ranking NFL coaching vacancies: Browns, Packers most alluring—NFL.comOne would assume the Packers would be hands down the most attractive job thanks to the presence of Rodgers, but Baker Mayfield’s stunning debut in Cleveland has propelled the Browns into the top tier as well.Package thief makes off with box of cat poop—UPIThere is no word if a San Diego nightclub owner tried to make the thief eat said cat poop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page