PDI & turning circle - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

I have just checked my service history book and my local dealer has not stamped up my book to say the PDI was completed or when the next (first) service is due. Poor start from Evans and Halshaw yet again.

I am a bit phased by the turning circle in my car - anyone else get the same feeling? I had a courtesy Fiesta when my car was in for the windscreen and my previous A4 Avant was much better than the C Max.

March 2011 New Ford C-Max Titanium Midnight Sky 1.6 (115 BHP) Duratorq TDCi Stage V + DPF manual six speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Hello again.
Funnily enough I thought the turning circle was pants.
Doesn't affect the auto-park but it has caught me short when carrying out u-turns.
The local Ford mechanic said that's it's due to the 17" alloys which is just rubbish.
The new Focus is just as bad.
I can only assume it's due to the full electric steering, short rack so as not to put strain on the drive.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-01-2011, 11:17 PM

The only thing we don't like about the car is the turning radius. It's like maneuvering a boat. I've always had good turning cars so it takes a little getting used to. My brother-in-law, a car fanatic, says that it is a question of saving money. I guess that Ford had to cut back somewhere - the rest so far is top quality.

2011 1.6tdci Trend (Grand)

post #4 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 PM

I can't say I find the turning circle on the c max any worse than a lot of other medium sized front wheel drive cars. FWD cars are never going to be as good as a RWD car. It is a lot better than a mondeo I used to have and I don't do that many u turns anyway. I don't find it a problem.

As a matter of interest, according to What Car's figures, the c max has a turning circle of 10.9 metres, an Audi A4 Avant 11.4 metres and a Fiesta 10.2 metres. There aint much in it between the Fiesta and the c max and the Audi is worse![img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

2011 C Max ecoboost Midnight Sky
with titanium x pack and city pack
post #5 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecomax1
I can't say I find the turning circle on the c max any worse than a lot of other medium sized front wheel drive cars. FWD cars are never going to be as good as a RWD car. It is a lot better than a mondeo I used to have and I don't do that many u turns anyway. I don't find it a problem.

As a matter of interest, according to What Car's figures, the c max has a turning circle of 10.9 metres, an Audi A4 Avant 11.4 metres and a Fiesta 10.2 metres. There aint much in it between the Fiesta and the c max and the Audi is worse![img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
My previous car was an Audi A4 Avant and it definitely had a better turning circle than the C Max, I know this as to how I pull into my drive and how to turn the car so I can drive out on to a main road, I just cant see the C Max being better than the Audi.

March 2011 New Ford C-Max Titanium Midnight Sky 1.6 (115 BHP) Duratorq TDCi Stage V + DPF manual six speed
post #6 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 12:01 AM

I too find it hard to believe that the C-max turns tighter than an Audi - any Audi.
I suppose that the Grand C-Max turns worse than the C-Max as well.

2011 1.6tdci Trend (Grand)
post #7 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 09:58 PM

i can honestly say the turning circle on my max with 17" wheels and 215/40/17 tyres is ok

2004 2.0 tdci panther black
post #8 of 13 Old 07-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0tdci

i can honestly say the turning circle on my max with 17" wheels and 215/40/17 tyres is ok
yes it will be,my 2004&2007 models were OK,the new one is absolutely pants compared with those.I looked like Reginald Molehusband trying to park in Asda yesterday...and yes I have got a licence

2011,C Max 1.6TDCi Zetec + City & Family packs
post #9 of 13 Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 AM

I am so glad to see that I am not alone with the turning circle problem.I was getting worried that after 35 years of driving age had caught up with me.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Grand C Max Zetec TDCI 115. 2011
post #10 of 13 Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell
I am so glad to see that I am not alone with the turning circle problem.I was getting worried that after 35 years of driving age had caught up with me.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
40+ for me[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]and I find it easier to park an artic than my new C max. other than that pleased with the car so far[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

2011,C Max 1.6TDCi Zetec + City & Family packs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page