None c max owners club veiws on the focus c max - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

As you all know due to my own experiences with my ford focus c max I belivethat the car is very unreliable.

I today own a ford focus c max and cant wait to get shot of it.

I only keep the car as I have 8 more months on my finance agreement then I can give it back and wave good buy to this dreadful car and say hellow to happy reliable motoring once again by buying somethink morereliable.

I have being a member of this club for a while now and see people asking for advise on if they should buy a ford focusc max or not.

I see everyone on this club thinks the car is great and says to whoever is asking for advise on buying it YES it is a breat car go for it.

I have decided to copy and paste none c max owners club reveiws on the car as I looked on sites like this when looking to buy my ford focus c max.

I saw all the good things saied about the car and then went and got one and as a result I have had two years of stress endless bills and the mostunrelible motoring ever experienced since passing my driving test.

So heres some none Cmax owners club reviews on the c max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

WHAT CAR

<TABLE id=gvReview style="WIDTH: 600px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0>

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>16/01/2009
stewart oxley, tyne & wear
2.0 TDCi Ghia 5 dr

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

Quality, practicality and equipment
<TR id=gvReview_ctl02_showmpg2>

Average mpg 40
<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>I have owned this car now for 1 year and have no problems at all.
Good points - fun to drive, nippy for size, equipment level is good,
boot size decent, love the electronic parking brake.
Bad points - tyre wear, clock has to be re-set every couple of month
( if thats a bad point )due to lost couple of mins.
Any more problem then i will up-date.
post #3 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>15/01/2009
Amanda Wolfe
1.6i 16v Zetec 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>Good points - most things

Bad points - 'Rattly' back seats and a bad intermittant engine misfire, but only when the engine has warmed up (e.g long journeys). Took it back to the main dealer who cannot trace the fault despite hooking it up to the computer. The car had it's routine service at the same time, spark plugs changed etc, and now the misfire is worse!

I really don't enjoy driving this car now!

post #4 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>09/01/2009
Nick Willis
2.0 TDCi Zetec 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TR id=gvReview_ctl04_showmpg2>

Average mpg 48
<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>Bought in April 08 when it was 3 yrs old and only 23k, had to have new Cat fitted as old one fractured due to missing bracket left out when clutch was replaced. Main dealer didn't want to know as car had changed hands and been serviced by another main dealer in Portsmouth since. Cost 800. Jan '09 at 36k, alternator failed, dealer charged 300+. Still have an ongoing problem where the boot opens when starting the car!!
post #5 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>16/12/2008
Patrick King, Berkshire
2.0 TDCi Zetec 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TR id=gvReview_ctl05_showmpg2>

Average mpg 27
<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>Bought from new - happy to start with - then reliability problems crept in - loss of power, recall for power assist brake fault, electrical issues and loose trim. OK to drive with high seating position but poor fuel ecconomy. Warranty & after sales very poor.

Main issue is safety - This car is dangerous because the Power Steering and ABS/Barkae Assist can fail without warning and result in 80% loss of steering and braking control.
post #6 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>08/12/2008
Barbara Whitehead
2.0 TDCi Ghia 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TR id=gvReview_ctl06_showmpg2>

Average mpg 39
<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>We have owned this car for nine months, it was bought from a Ford dealership who were very good, shame about the car. We have had to have rear brake pads and an alternator, now the engine light has stayed on all one day and to top it all the engine lost all revs and would not pull away even in first gear, just kept stalling.We tow a small caravan in the summer and the towing performance has been good, but with zero reliability it has to go. Would I buy another Ford not on your life.
post #7 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>27/07/2008
Anne Amner
2.0 TDCi Ghia 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>Having been initially pleased with the car (bought 12m old in 2005) we are now finding more things wearing out. Last service (15k miles) needed new brake pads AND discs, now, still less than 25k the front pads need replacing again. Also alternator has just gone as per last review - are they all wearing out about now? Seems to be high wear and tear given low mileage. DVD player and radio now malfunctioning after fixing alternator, so...back to the dealer...
post #8 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE id=gvReview style="WIDTH: 600px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0>

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>09/07/2008
Chris Johnson, Kent
1.6 TDCi (108bhp) Ghia 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>Following up my review of 25/8/06 it is time to say goodbye to this C-Max. Failed alternator was the last straw, and after 20,000 miles and 3 years I'm buying Japanese again.

Since my report 2 yrs ago (dropped passenger door, EPB failure, motor wiper recall, selt belt failure fixed under warranty) we have suffered central locking failure, electric window failure and now the alternator has failed.

What a shame for Ford; this car is fabulous to drive and ticks every box for my young family except the most important one: RELIABILITY!
post #9 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>21/01/2008
Martin Bagshaw
2.0 TDCi Zetec 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>This car is BAD to say the least and the ford dealer was bad.The list of faults was endless and we couldnt wait to get rid of it.Everytime it went for a service they reported serious break failures on the rear.This was despite the recall work to stop it squealing in reverse.The dashboard displayed luggage compartment open and alarmed for 3 years constant.The clock couldn't hold it's time and was rubbish to set.Car nearly killed us at least 50 times due to cutting out in traffic or road junctions ,this was the EGR valve the dealer said ,but couldnt offer a fix.So when you lose your breaks and power steering just hope for the best.The boot comes open during travelling.Dealer reply ,"is it when u press the break pedal because we know about that fault" but it wasn't.Dealer cracked the engine cover on a service and car was off road for three weeks.Couldn't even drive it for 20 miles in the end.The last 20 mile trip and the alternator failed and again took three weeks to repair.Various trim fell off and the panel gaps must be the worst in the industry.Basically there is nothing good about this car other than a six speed box and i rarely used it.Looking on the forums it seems the mondeos also suffer from the egr valve fault.Wonder if it has killed anyone yet.My wife refused to drive it as she nearly got wiped out by lorries on more than one occasion.So now i have bought my own car as i wanted more control over its repairs .Not a FORD
post #10 of 51 Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

<TABLE width=600>

<TD style="WIDTH: 180px" vAlign=top noWrap>07/11/2007
Viv Blaney
1.6 TDCi (108bhp) Zetec 5 dr

Overall

What it's like to drive

Running costs

<TD vAlign=top>

<TD style="WIDTH: 420px" vAlign=top align=left>Henry Ford must be turning in his grave if he knows about the number of his customers driving around in these.

I would not be surprised to hear that some of the cars previously mentioned for loss of power etc have been involved in accidents. Best place for them is the scrapyard! Most scary of all is the loss of brakes when 'Transmission malfunction' is displayed. As if losing power on the M25 surrounded by juggernauts isn't bad enough!

This is my fourth and last ever Ford! Tell your friends - I've told mine!

Recalling the model would cost Ford money but bad publicity and loss of loyal customers will cost them more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page