My cmax nightmare - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

So having just paid 550 for new clutch kit had the car back a couple of days but sat on the drive waiting for the weekend. Fitted dome mudflaps yesterday and got it ready for a day out today.1) Battery was to flat to start it so had to jump it off works car.
2) Got onto the motorway and everytime I gave it full throttle it hasitated and juddered.Carried on thinking I would get off next junction but it was 60mph and the engine warning light start flash (limp mode) so slowed to 50mph and exited at the next junction struggled up the hill. Decided since my mechanics garage was on the way home to go straight there. As I turn off and revs dropped it stalled. Got it going again and now permanent EML.
Limped to garage and it was missing when I pulled up.
So looking around best cause scenario its coil pack anyone else had it this bad with coil. Its missing but did not see any smoke. So hoping it not more major but I am prepared for the worst. The garage who sold me think its coil and are saying let me know when it been looking at but coil is electrical and not covered by his warranty which is major mechanical engine and gear box.

(1.8 ZETEC)

To the average driver \'safe\' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver \'safe\' is not being vunerable to an accident.

www.advanced-driving.co.uk ------- www.roadar.org.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

I have read that its most likely coil pack but anyone offer advice? Or could it be alternator?
Also the battery issue with the radio lost clock setting twice in two weeks. My mechanic said the battery was fine (original motorcraft one) I think not.Also I read the codes from the dash display and there was one that referenced to low battery voltage. Also when the car stalled power assist failure came up but went after I got it going again and always had power steering.
Edited by: jbsportstech

(1.8 ZETEC)

To the average driver \'safe\' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver \'safe\' is not being vunerable to an accident.

www.advanced-driving.co.uk ------- www.roadar.org.uk
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Shot alternator gives the power steering failure.
Lumpy running after new clutch suggests mechanic has moved, broken, unplugged something he/she shouldn't have. Take it back and let him/her fix it!

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM

I'll hazard a guess at alernator problem. Maybe even a broken wire from when the clutch was done.
Had a similar problem with my Ka & it was a loose wire to the alternator (fixed it myself with a new spade connector). It also affected the power steering as mine has an electric pump powered from the alternator.
Any update???

54 plate C-Max 1.8 Zetec, Magnum Grey, rear privacy glass, colour-coded Mk2 tailgate badge, clear side repeaters...& a clownfish on the aerial!
S reg XRKa (Ford Ka2 with a race-tuned XR3i engine)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page