Losing Power on hills - 08 plate 2.0 TDCI - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-20-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Hello
My wife has got an 08 plate Cmax and has recently experienced loss of power when going up a hill. It happened to me on the way to Ford, I was accelerating up the hill when all of a sudden the power went and I slowed right down to 30 miles an hour. It was if the turbo had cut out.

Ford couldn't find anything wrong with it and said they'd updated the software which might help.

Two weeks later and the same thing happened again. I've read a couple of things on various forums and dealers don't seem to be able to find out what's wrong.

Does anyone know what this is and what the solution is?

Cheers
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2010, 01:51 AM

I had a similar problem on my Galaxy where the ECU was detecting overboost and cut the turbo.Once you turned the ignition off and on again it cured it till the next hill!The cure was a new turbo.

2002 Ford Galaxy Ghia 1.9TDi
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP-1 If 130HP doesn\'t sound much try putting it through one wheel!
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2011, 02:22 PM

I had the same problem on an old type focus 1.8Tdci, and it transpired that during a dealership service someone had knocked the turbo pressure monitor pipe loose, and it wasn't detecting when to boost propely when under load (ie towing or up steep hills). took ages to find, but was a quick fix when discovered. might be worth a try?

C Max Style 2008 1.8 Duratec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page