Likes and Dislikes - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 Old 07-21-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

2004 1.6 tdci lx

Plenty roof for 2 adults, 2 kids & the dog in the boot

Dislikes:
Alternator failed
Disappointing fuel economy - if this can't be rectified by process of elimination soon then I will probably swap the car for something else.
2 remote fobs died within the space of 10 days!
Poor audio quality when playing CDs in the Ford 6000cd stereo.
Electrical interference on AM radio.

However the most irritating thing is that the rear seat belts continually come free from the plastic guide brackets behind the top of the seats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 Old 07-22-2009, 03:36 PM

Over all i like our 1.6 vetec a few dislikes are ,
road noise inside car
i dont think the seats are very comfortable
no one toutch window wind up facility

RUSS
post #3 of 63 Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 AM

The car is good to drive and easy to own apart from low speed fuel or throttle control. Its a 1.8 TDCI Zetec. At really low speed pressing the throttle can suddenly accelerate the car. If you lift of the car kangaroos. Is this the same with others 1.8's. I have heard that it is.

post #4 of 63 Old 11-01-2009, 12:00 PM

like all of is so far

Dislike...ford didnt do an ST version or Zetec S

2.0 TDCi Ghia 06 in Panther black.
post #5 of 63 Old 11-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Cmax 04 1.6 TDCI Zetec
(Lower) Car Tax Not the 190 I was paying for my mondeo.

Dislikes:
Uncomfortable chairs
Poor fuel economy (unless driving at approximatly 95 MPH, then its good!) averages 25mpg on most local journeys
Silly boot mechanism that now requires a replacement switch as can only open with key or fob.

Overall Im disapointed with it, looked like a good buy at the time, and im probably going to be stuck with it now for a few years. I wouldnt buy another one.

post #6 of 63 Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Leigh, you must have somthing wrong with yours if you are only getting 25mpg from a 1.6 diesel, have you had it looked at?
post #7 of 63 Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM

Sierragls, No I havnt as yet as when I do motorway journeys I can get (65MPG) if I travel at about 95MPH (If I reset it before I start)
I assumed it was just because of really small local journeys which is the majority of what I do.
I dont have alot of faith in the whole mpg reading though I have to admit.

post #8 of 63 Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Hi Leigh
Apart from the obvious of driving at 95mph! if your getting 65MPG at that speed your doing very well. The computer readout is only a guide according to Ford but there is some accuracy in it. I have a 1.8 TDCI and get my best MPG at 70MPH or less.When I get up to 80+ the consumption rises dramatically. At the moment the car averages about 50 MPG during all driving and can give 30 MPG when pulling a caravan of 85% of the cars kirbweight.

I suggest you get the car chacked or have a look at your driving style.
post #9 of 63 Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Leigh, i have found on my 2.0 that the mpg reading is quite accurate, usually within 1-2mpg either way, but i dont think that they are as accurate if you are doing very short journeys, you really need to work it out with a calculator to see what you are truly getting, what sort of miles do you get from a tank, if you are only getting 25mpg then you wouldnt be able to get an more than about 250-275 miles from a full tank as i think that they hold 50 litres (11 gallons)
post #10 of 63 Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM

@sierragls I dont fill it up very often, normally only put 30 of Diesel in it, and will use the car (or not use it) to make it last 2 weeks. On the odd occasion Ive filled it up for routine journeys Ive had just over 300 Miles before needing to fill it again)

A couple of Months ago I went down to the coast (And car was full with heavy diving equipment) I managed to get 550+ Miles out of the tank. But that was motorways and Gunned it a bit on the way back. (Although on the way there motorway grinded to hault several times.. so would have lost consumption while idling)

@Brian, I have totally adjusted my driving style, infact I drive more like a "stereo typical Grandad" since having this car, as Ive got it constantly on the MPG reading trying my best to "knotch it up"

As I say this car seems great on long motorway journeys (apart from the uncomfortable seats!)
but pritty pants, on local ones.

Was always keen to have a diesel as was always lead to beleive you get more miles!, and have to admit I dont know alot about cars, I just drive them. Im not sure if its just my ford diesel that is a dog, or Diesels in general.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page