'Il brutto & il cattivo' - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

There is much to praise about my basic 1.6 petrol Cmax. Generally I think it's 'buono', and then some. Does everything I need from a car. It drives as well as the ordinary Focus, but with more space. I really like sitting higher on the road and that it's much easier to get in and out of the Cmax. The 1.6 petrol is very flexible and has proved 100% reliable so far. I don't find it 'underpowered' - simply because the engine is sooo smooooth and revs very freely. It really is a pleasant and comfortable drive, even above 80mph. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

However, there are always irritating design faults with any car, and the Cmax is no different. Sometimes I wonder whether designers of cars actually drive the cars they have worked on, since so often simple changes would make all the difference to the everyday 'driving experience'.

Here are my gripes:

<ul>[*]6th gear - having one would make a big difference. 5 is fine, but 6 would be better.[*]between the seats - this is all so terribly wrong. Centre the handbrake and move the ashtray and ciggy lighter to pull out from under the gear stick console. Basically, this part of the car is configured for left hand drive cars. It's just cheap and lazy, as is. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][*]wet windows - enough said.[*]tray under the bonnet - enough said.[*]flat area for stuff - get rid of the silly map box thingy above the glove box and give us a decent flat shelf for stuff instead.[*]there is nowhere obvious to stick a sat-nav.[*]why can't the rear windows wind down fully?[*]the indicators do not always 'return'.[*]adjusting the radio/clock is a nightmare, and the lettering/numbering is too small. [*]the rear seats don't fold flat into the floor, a la Smax. If Honda can do this with the Jazz, there seems to be little excuse.[*]why can't the front seats be manufactured so that I could buy a pair of arm rests and fit them myself?[*]I find the footbrake is positioned too far to the left, as is the case with most cars. [*]the front seats don't recline fully to allow for 'long loads'.[*]wing mirrors don't fold flat against the bodywork, which is important when parking overnight on streets.[*]MPG.

Edited by: romseyraver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 AM

and not forgetting the poor interiorbuild quality - rattly door panels, rattly centr console (ghia) and annoying squeak from the b pillar, oh and another annoying rattle from somewhere near the back seat. I wont be buying another.

IAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page