Headlight change - Great! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-27-2010, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

I've just changed the headlight bulbs on my new purchase for 50% brighter ones. The replacement is a doddle! 1 screw and poke two plastic clips! Love it. My last car needed the front bumper to be removed and the one before could be done in situ but you skinned all knuckles doing it. I'm impressed.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 AM

What car did you have before?
One fo the most common complaints is the difficulty of changing the bulb.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #3 of 7 Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepard
What car did you have before?
One fo the most common complaints is the difficulty of changing the bulb.
There is no way on God'd green earth that changing the headlight bulbs on a c-max could be described as hard! I kid you not it was about 10 minutes in total to do all the front bulbs, indicators for silverstars, sidelights for new blue tinted ones, and main and dipped for Philips 50%+ Visionplus!

All it takes is undoing the big silver screw, poking the two plastic retaining flap things with a long screw driver, while gently pulling the unit forwards, then the whole light unit can be removed. I didn't even have to remove the wiring plug which is just as well as I have no idea how thats held on, Voodoo maybe?

Previous cars were an Alfa 156, which is a nightmare to do, but can be done, and a Fiat Stilo which cannot be done without removing the front bumper, or going in via the wheel arch which needs the removal of the wheel, the arch liner and most of the skin on your hand.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 02:04 AM

Last car was a Mk3 Mondeo, now a 2008 CMax, both the same idea, easy removal of headlight unit and fast change of any of the bulbs. I also run a Vauxhall Combo van which is a nightmare - you are supposed to be able to change the main lightbulbs in-situ but unless you have childs hands it's a knuckle scraper to say the least. Really you have to remove the front bumper then the light clusters to replace the side light bulb!!!!

Well done to Ford design on this one, i've heard horror stories of some cars needing dealer only bulb changes - many and how can that be safe if a bulb goes out of hours and you're miles from home???

2008 1.8FF Titanium, Nav Pack, Sport Pack 3, Panther Black
post #5 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

I do find it funny that the French require you to carry a bulb change kit at all times, then the three French car firms make it so hard to self change. Renault megane headlight bulbs are ramp only dealer fit jobs. Why require carrying a bulb kit if you're going to be utterly unable to use it!

post #6 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 AM

so they can use the gallic shrug of the shoulders even more peu t'etre

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #7 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 12:11 PM

Recently i changed my bulbs too.
Process with some photo here http://ffclub.ru/topic/97682/8621517/
Main problem is a headlamp removing. After that you will have access to bulbs.
During the removal of headlamp you should be careful to not break fastening.

By the way. Our dealer's price:
headlight bulb costs about 7 euro
swap of bulb - 12 euro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page