Grrrr! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-07-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

I was in Swindon today where I purchased my car, it is an 80 mile journey from home. Now the good news is I went for the match and we won (footie fans will know) the bad news

I arranged for a) to change over my boot liner I was given a grand C max
b) to have the wiper blades changed as they smear the window
c) to have the rattles sorted I think I have found the culprits - passenger door & little tray at foot of passenger seat

now I would have been thrilled to have succeeded in getting all of these done, happy for two disappointed with 1 but of course I am because not one was sorted;

the boot liner - still doesn't fit they have had since November to get the right one
the wipers - suggest I go to the local garage
seat rattle needs a clip and nothing wrong with the door (read into that they didn't want to check) I was so cross I just went silent on them and walked out - didn't want to embarrass my father who was with me- and that explains why he has taken delivery of a beautiful A5!- I'm having that next hopefully he'll like something else better by next year.

No surprises to any of us but useless and I wonder how helpful the local garage will be as I didn't buy it there - because they didn't offer a good enough deal. Hey ho at least the football was a great game.

1.6 Ecoboost - Frozen White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 PM

Didn't get from Allen Ford by any chance? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

CMAX 2012 Titanium with City Pack. Mars Red 1\'6 Petrol with 5 Sp Manual.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Yep, home town and my mum had recently bought a fiesta off them which she changes every couple of years so they offered a deal which was 2k better than I could get down herre. Trouble is of course as ever getting the after sales isn't good. The rattle seems to be getting worse so bracing myself for a trip to the local garage to book it in. 1 car family ie me makes it awkward for work and boys taxi service but going to have to deal with it.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 AM

This will probably sound daft but is the bootliner the rubber thing and is it supposed to be standard? The car in the showroom had one fitted but mine doesn't.

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Yes that's the one. No it's not standard. they are really useful for keeping the boot clean particularly when you have footballers in the house. They gave me a c max grand one which clearly didn't fit and was a real nuisance because you had to take it out to do anything with the seats. When I went to collect the replacement it was still wrong good knows why so I am still waiting. I emailed the garage today to suggest they sent my money back and I'd pick up one locally it would be simpler and quicker I think

post #6 of 6 Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 AM

Thanks for that, reading your post jogged my memory to the one in the showroom car. It's something I'll probably look to purchase myself soon.

Hopefully your dealer will get its act together.

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page