Faulty Child saftey....and more - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

I bought my C max Titanium,brand new on 11 plate in May this year, Since owning it it has been to the garage around 8 times......first my clock was putting extra miles on if i did 4 miles it put 40 on, I have ended up with an extra 1500 miles on my milage, before they fixed it, They admitted there was a re-call, but i was never called. They cant alter the mileage as its alleagle to tamper with it they said. Then my digital clock/thermomether all went wrong. took them 2 days to fix as the program would not download to the car. Then worst of all the Cmax titanium child saftey is all controlled by buttons on the driver door, this failed while i was driving on a dual carriage way, my 4 year old opened his door while i was driving at 50-60mph, straight in to garage. They assured me it had been fixed. 2 weeks later same problem child saftey malfunctions again.....The Ford garage in Yeovil assure me again that its fixed this time......then today it malfunctions again leaving my boy able to open the door on a busy road. Our fuel consumption is also a problem were lucky if we get 32mpg when i bought it i was told 40-42mpg. Iv complained to managers, wrote to Head office and no one is listening to me. I have a 4 year old and a baby due in a couple of months, i bought this car brand new on 3 year credit, there saying i cant get out of it, yet my car is unsafe and my son is able to open his door, as a mum that scares me to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-10-2011, 09:35 AM

I would suggest Sale of Goods Act for a replacement as you have obviously given them chance to repair the faults which still seem evident

A chat with Local Trading Standards

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 3 Old 11-10-2011, 06:50 PM

mrskhill2009. Do you have a warranty on your cmax when you brought from the garage. They should have given you a 1 year warranty.The dealership you brought your cmax from find the head office and make a complaint about the dealership in question, do all this in writing. At the same time write a letter to a MR OVENDEN at fordHQ this will work wonders. If you have a warranty let me know..........

Focus C-Max 2005 1.6 Zetec in Tonic Blue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page