Cmax is brilliant - Page 2 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
Having owned mine for 2 weeks, and the DMF failing you'd think I'd hate them. However dealer is sorting out the DMF!

I have to say I was dubious about buying a mini-MPV, but these drive like a hatchback, rather than a van. It's nice a quick, and the 6-speed box makes cruising on the motorway a pleasure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 07-11-2012, 08:29 AM

The drivability is the main reason I've bought two C-Maxes so far.

I've looked at the other MPVs in its class, and they may sometimes be roomier, or more practical, but they never drive as well.

2011 Grand C-Max Titanium
post #13 of 22 Old 07-13-2012, 07:13 PM

Owned mine for over a year and only cost was servicing, until this week when I managed to blow the intercooler hose off. Once I investigated it looks more like it wasn't refitted by Ford properly after a recall and has also rubbed through on the fan. 60 thank you and another 40 minutes to refit.

2006 2.0tdci ghia,

post #14 of 22 Old 07-23-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Just got to say. Done a 300 mile round trip and my 7 year old Cmax did not make one naughty sound or miss a single beat. Doing 90mph on way back(naughty naughty) and the car was smooth as silk. A beautiful machine with tons of power and torque. If someone offered me 7 grand for it I would laugh in their faces.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #15 of 22 Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletree View Post
Just like to say that there are so many posts about problems with the Cmax, that I'd like to start a thread about how brilliant mine has been. The drive is smooth and the car handles well. It's a pleasure to get in the car and I look forward to driving it every day.
I'm sure many of you on here feel same, so lets have a positive thread for a change.
I've had my C-Max Hybrid for two weeks and I have no complaints. it is a pleasure to drive. I drive 60 miles a day to and from my job so I'm racking up the miles. Now have just over 500 miles showing on my second tank of gas. Got 406 miles on the first with an average of 37.5 mpg. The hybrid system works really nice and is seamless between the gas engine and electric power. The little 2.0 litre 4cylincer engine really surprises me how responsive it is. I've never really jumped on it, trying to minimize engagement of the gas powerplant. But getting on the freeway here requires stepping on it a bit more to merge but there seems to be plenty of acceleration if need be.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb9153 View Post
The little 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine
This made me laugh.

PS, I mean no offence!

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
post #17 of 22 Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb9153 View Post
The little 2.0 litre 4cylincer engine really surprises me how responsive it is.
You'd be stunned at the 2.0L Diesel then! It's quicker, and I've found it to be more responsive!
post #18 of 22 Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Yep! I found the 2.0 petrol engine in one I test drove quite gutless in comparison to the Turbo Diesel. You've got to feel sorry for the people over the pond really. They have no idea what they're missing when it comes to a decent diesel engine. I mean, the 2.0 TDCi's 236 ft/lb of torque at 1750 rpm is 4.0 litre V8 territory! Unfortunately, they'll never see 50 MPG out of a V8!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #19 of 22 Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

You can't beat the sound of a V8 Big Budgie.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #20 of 22 Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Agreed! very nice as a weekend toy, not much use as a "Daily Driver" though. What'll we have? TVR? AC Cobra? Daimler SP250? or just a nice old P5B Rover Coupe? Gorgeous!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page