Cmax is brilliant - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 07-08-2012, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Talking Cmax is brilliant

Just like to say that there are so many posts about problems with the Cmax, that I'd like to start a thread about how brilliant mine has been. The drive is smooth and the car handles well. It's a pleasure to get in the car and I look forward to driving it every day.
I'm sure many of you on here feel same, so lets have a positive thread for a change.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-08-2012, 10:09 AM

yeah bottletree, I'd second that owned mine now for 2yrs & other than service parts its been excellent, & I'm sure there are many on here that have had the same experiences with their c-max's plus many hundreds more who are not registered on our site, we only ever get to hear the horror stories.

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #3 of 22 Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 AM

I agree my cmax has been brilliant had a few issues but nothing that bad that would put me off how well it drives and handles!.

CMAX 05 reg
2.0 tdci ultima

post #4 of 22 Old 07-08-2012, 04:21 PM

Positivity. I like it!

Six months in and just one minor fault that was fixed in an hour. There's not one MPV I'd swap it for. We'd all like a bit more power and better fuel consumption but ultimately I'm a very happy owner.

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
post #5 of 22 Old 07-08-2012, 04:54 PM

I agree with Bottletree!
My C-max is definitely the best car I have owned -- and I have owned a lot. The progress in car technology improves over the years. I tend to keep mine until they are about ten years old so the improvements are very noticeable.
I changed my 2.2dti Nissan Tino for the 1.8dti C-max and was a bit worried that it might not be as good for towing our caravan. I need not have worried, it is brilliant.
The only slight problem that I have had is that I occasionally stalled when entering a roundabout (not a nice experience) I overcame that by learning to drive my new car, properly.
Another minor fault was an occasional slight hesitation around 1,800rpm. The recent second year service included re-installing the program with the latest updates. The car now runs very smoothly.
So, good one Bottletree, I am also one of the happy band of C-max owners.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
post #6 of 22 Old 07-08-2012, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Oh I feel all tingly now. I've treated her to a wash today, just to say how much I like her. Err well not really, it's because its stopped raining and I'm making the most of the "DRY" weather.
Do you remember the old days when we had sun and it made everything bright?

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #7 of 22 Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Great post. 166k miles and still enjoy driving my 53 1.8 petrol Zetec. Smile every time I take it out, and the inside is so versatile. Just had the rear seats out to use it as a van for the Llangollen International Eisteddfod stand. Using a bit of oil now, but what do you expect; I've driven her quite hard since I had her at 10k miles
post #8 of 22 Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

I saw a 53 plate Cmax last weekend and it was in mint and I mean mint condition. I had to stop to take a longer look. It must have had a respray or they had it garaged for its whole life.

post #9 of 22 Old 07-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Loved my 06 1.8TDCi, especially the rearward sliding seats to give more room in the back at the expense of some boot space.

I was very disappointed that this feature isn't available in the UK on the latest models to save weight and put the car into a lower tax band.

To be honest apart from the higher quality interior trim and gadgets of the newer models I think the old model C-Maxes are more practical than the newer ones due to the way they're laid out.

Still I love my new Grand C-Max for its extreme comfort, great car-like ride, and the nifty gadgets. The extra seats come in very handy on occasion - even for adults. My colleagues who I car share with call it a limo due to the space inside, and love the reclining rear seats.

2011 Grand C-Max Titanium
post #10 of 22 Old 07-10-2012, 05:08 PM

cheaper to tax than my previous 08 ka by 80 and uses less fuel!, also only 150 dearer to insure! im stunned, i can tow my race car in comfort even tho mines dune 100k!

'54' 1.6 tdci.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page