C-Max TCDI - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-04-2011, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Worse car ever had in 40 years, 1.8 TDCi the big end has failed at 48,000 miles through no fault of my own, no help from main dealer or Ford , I am not impressed with either, maybe its a good idea to stay away from Fords, I will in future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 AM

You haven't given us any details about your car or what has caused the problem - If you think that these problems are confined to 'run of the mill cars' be aware it affects the so called premium brands - a camshft failing through metal fatigue at 47000 miles on a 3 and a half year old Audi costing 37,000 received a similar response until I pushed things - still cost me 850 but better than the full 3500!!
Give us more detailsand we may be able to advise.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-14-2011, 07:53 PM

I agree with olliesgrandad, it would have been nice for you to have given more details of the cause, like everyone on here were very sorry to hear of your problem, but to slate all ford cars and all c-max's especially is a little unfair, nothing is perfect in life and things do go wrong (if you had a basket of apples and there was one bad one would you throw the lot away???) if you feel upset & hard done by go visit various forums for audi,bmw,etc etc and have a read of there forums and you will see that problems happen to all cars i've read on forums people saying they will never buy a bmw again or audi, volkswagon etc and there cars are so called premium brands. As for ford dealers again there are good and bad. as well as my c-max i have a MGZR160 within 2 months of owning it the head gasket went but i didn't slate all rover & mg's i stripped it down repaired it not had a problem since and i love use it every day for work.

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control

post #4 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

It was not my intention to sl*g off the c-max it is generally a good car ,but how would you feel if your car being under 4yrs old and having done less than 48,000 miles hasa big end failure and then get no help from the manufacture or main dealer who sold it to you, I am sure you would feel as I do.

I have had Fords all of my life probable more than twenty, with no major problems then this happens and no one wants to help. I wrote to Ford on the 23/01/11 and they have not
even written back to me,I think it is discusting. I have now had the engine rebuilt by an independant engine merchanic. They have diagnosed possible oil pump failure, it seems that there was suitable pressure not to bring on the oil light but low enough to damage the engine by spinning a bearing shell, why do cars not have oil pressure gauges like they use to?

This engine is not only fitted to the c-max but also most other Fords so beware !!!! even if you have your car serviced correctlyand the oil light goes out, all might not be well.

My Gripe is more with Ford and the dealer rather than the car itself.Edited by: clanheat
post #5 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 AM

Unfortunately, this is where Ford suffer big time, customer service is nigh on non existant, Dealers are patronising and rob customers blind given the chance.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2011, 05:16 PM

Hi, clanheat I'm very pleased you have now got your engine sorted, sorry if my last post to you sounded sharp it wasn't meant to be i know your post was written in frustration, and i understand how you feel 48000k to me is quite a low mileage to be having something like that fail, diesel engines by nature tend to be fairly bullet proof and cover very high mileages without to many problems, the dreaded EGR valves beeing a pain for failing in a lot of diesels. i don't know how long you owned the car before this failed or what warranty the dealership gave you on the car??
But now its sorted i hope you have many happy motoring miles with your rebuilt engine[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Hi athonycmax. Thanks for that, bought the car at 10 months oldfrom main Ford dealer, it was a Ford demonstrator having done 9000 miles, had Ford 3year warranty which ran out lastMay .I have had it for 3years , if the engine works out ok I may keep it for another year.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 AM

Hi clanheat, I'm sure your engine will be fine as long as the garage that did the rebuild for you was reputable & used good quality parts for the rebuild!! Keep us informed how it goes i'll keep my fingers crossed [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page