Power steering fault - 2013 C-Max Hybrid - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-01-2016, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Power steering fault - 2013 C-Max Hybrid

I have had this car for about 600 miles, and while driving today, the warning came up that the Power Steering needed attention. I was about 90 miles from home, in the desert, and I was able to drive home with no problem at all. I turned the car off in my driveway to unload it. When I turned the car back on, I now had a more serious "Power Steering Failure" light. AND, there is NO steering assist at all. The car only has about 35,600 miles on it but is past the 3 yr warranty..

Does anyone have any insight for me? I think I am strong enough to drive the car 3 miles from home to the Ford dealer, but any information and advice would be appreciated before I go there and am at their mercy.
Thanks for any responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-06-2016, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Took it to the Ford dealer and yes, indeed, the power steering unit itself failed. $1887 to repair it, and so far, Ford refuses to even assist in this cost. This is clearly a manufacturer defect in the car (as other Fords using the EPAS power steering. Next stop will likely be NTSB. I keep getting the same person to respond at Ford who refuses to even tell me how to contact her supervisor.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-2016, 04:39 AM

The postings on your site are always excellent. Thanks for the great share and keep up this great work! Tanki Online 2 Game
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page