2017, Horrible Bumpy Ride, just bought - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2021, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Question 2017, Horrible Bumpy Ride, just bought

Hi everyone,
I'm in the US, colder weather (Pennsylvania) and I bought a 2017 Titanium Hybrid after test driving many sub-compacts and thinking this one had a power seat to accommodate handicapped mother getting in and out, and it's the worst, bumpy ride of any car I've had and I've been driving for 45 years. Only difference from when I test drove it, was the tire inflations were probably all under 32 (don't know units) because one of them was only 25 and the pump was 32 max pressure and they all increased a little. Anyhow, mom's body and my body are so sore. I can feel every inch of the road, even extra asphalt put in a strip on the highway. I doubt the Ford dealership will let me return, and I way overpaid for it, but felt that I wanted the power seat and Hybrid and the fabulous horsepower. The turning radius is horrible too. I came from my 1999 Toyota Camry and it had a better radius than this. I'm in shock. Mom and I are short and we are so sore from riding in it. I adjusted the lumbar etc. A speed bump I went over was the worse ever and it feels more like an old, beat up mini-bus or van - hard to describe. Has only 20,700 miles on it and was a leased car previously, but used by the dealership possibly as a rental because 300 miles got put on it in a short time. I will see about returning it but wanted to check in with this forum. I can't believe that I didn't feel the bumps before this. I know it's not a Camry but I have never had a car like this before with the rattles and unsteady feel over rough surfaces. Not sure what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2021, 12:27 PM

First chance you get, buy an accurate tire gauge. Air pumps at public stations are extremely unreliable. I believe your owners manual calls for 38psi all-around. I have a 2013 Hybird SEL & haven't had any problems with a bad ride. At 20700 miles, you are probably on OEM tires & they do not last nearly as long as aftermarket. Check tires any unusual wear patterns. Hope this helps until you hear from someone wiser than me about tires.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2021, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

I think I got unlucky, tires still 60% according to them. I have the Ford Warranty for 3.5 more years but it won't do me much good. Even I overlooked that the camera is extremely blurry, but that's another issue. I can live with wide turning radius, yet hugs curves well....Hard to believe shocks are gone or poor suspension. I will check the tires on my own in case Ford accidentally overinflated them. I have a battle on my hands. My entire body feels jarred.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Sherman View Post
I think I got unlucky, tires still 60% according to them. I have the Ford Warranty for 3.5 more years but it won't do me much good. Even I overlooked that the camera is extremely blurry, but that's another issue. I can live with wide turning radius, yet hugs curves well....Hard to believe shocks are gone or poor suspension. I will check the tires on my own in case Ford accidentally overinflated them. I have a battle on my hands. My entire body feels jarred.
Gosh Wendy, I am so sorry to hear that! I wish you the best of luck and definitely send lots of strength your way, to win this battle! A tire gauge is a great option and you are right to better check it on your own as well. Have you also looked at the suspension? Maybe there are some parts that require cleaning or, unfortunately, exchanging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page