2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL Mods - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-06-2020, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL Mods

I've set my mind on modifying my C-Max. Just went ahead and bought a set of Toyo Proxes Sport tires on 4wheelonline. What other mods should I consider for my 2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-02-2020, 04:11 PM

You gotta tell us more about what you are interested in honestly.

Those tires are meant to be summer only performance tires. They don't have great rolling resistance and will cause a noticable decrease in battery only range. If you drive on the highway a lot it's going to be a waste because they won't last as long as normal tires... The average male driver between 35-54 puts something like 19,000 miles on their car a year. So your tires will be nearly gone in a year. Their rain performance will be unacceptable in 9-12 months at that driving pace.

If you drive mostly in the city and do just 5000 miles a year then it's a different story. What state your in matters a lot as well... You better be in the south. If it snows those tires are a no go. I have those tires on my other car and live in the Midwest... They get swapped out for blizzaks typically from November to March/April.

That car goes about 50 miles a month so the tires will last.

If you are only driving the car a few hundred miles a month the rolling resistance doesn't matter.

Those tires have a 500 mile 45 day trial BTW.

I like the cars handling but if you are going to rock summer sports tires you should probably get better struts that are adjustable and get a stiffer sway bar for the rear if they make them.

Are you planning on doing any car audio stuff to it? I just bought a 2017 SE... It has the android auto and nav but no sony stuff not that it matters since even the sony system is lacking.

I'll be using a Rockford Fosgate DSR1, (2) 4CH D-Class amps, and an Infinity basslink. Everything will be hidden. The amps will be the small package amps that have wiring harnesses and are made to be hidden. Probably kenwood or clarion.

You need 4 channels to amp the front left and right speakers without a having a crossover the DSR1 handles crossover duties but if on a budget kicker makes a 4CH amp that has a DSP built into it. It's capable of bi amping a tweeter/speaker setup without crossover meaning that after you run the microphone based calibration it will apply crossovers to the tweeter and speaker so they sound right.

That lets you buy replacement door and dash speakers separately and without crossovers.

Probably the best for the budget would be that kicker setup, disconnect your center speaker and add an infinity basslink of bazooka tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page