Ford C-Max Forum - View Single Post - 06 C Max parking sensor problems
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
tezza

Question 06 C Max parking sensor problems

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased an 06 2.0 diesel Ghia C Max, great car but I am experiencing parking sensor problems. I have worked thorough solutions from previous threads with no sucsess.
My sympoms are the sensor on/off switch flashes continuosly and bleeps for 3 secs when selecting reverse gear indicating a fault. I disconnected the rear sensors, fault still present, I cleaned the plugs etc replaced the sensor connectors checked the fault and it was still evident. I checked for a clicking from the rear sensors and all were emiting a click. I then checked the front sensors with 1st gear selected all were clicking ok except the off side inner, (no clicking) with some difficulty I disconnected this sensor fault still evident. Re connected the sensor now no clicking from any sensors, front or rear. I have listened for the clicking prior to disconnecting and doing any work and did not hear any. So is the fault intermittent, have I missed something? I have put a small piece of black tape over the on indicator on the switch so I do not have to look at the flashing. Is there any way to disconnect the switch light as I have not had parking sensors before and will not miss them. Reversing lights work ok as well indicating fuse OK
Any help appreciated.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome