C-Max Owners Club banner

Looking to but Cmax ( Bath area)

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blackgreyhound 
#1 ·
Just started looking to buy Cmax. Petrol, 3/4 years old,but well looked after. Thought joining the Owners Club Forum would be the best place to start. Hope someone can help.:D

#2 ·
The main don't
Do NOT have the 1.6 Diesel with the CVT gearbox

consider what type of motoring you are likely to be doing and that
the 1.6 petrol at motorway speed is running at around 3500 RPM as opposed to the diesel at around 2500 RPM
the 1.8 petrol will do around mid 30's MPG as opposed to the 1.6 / 1.8 Diesel that are doing at least mid 40's
Diesel over petrol based on emissions is probably lower on the VED
The extra MPG of the diesel over petrol probably more than covers the extra fuel price
(in the last petrol dispute ASDA near us had run out of petrol but not diesel)
Do consider to try to find one fitted with the quick clear windscreen
Despite mention the outward sliding rear seats are not standard and dependent on previous owner having specced them

#3 ·
Thanks for that info,it's always a bit of roulette between diesel/petrol, road tax, fuel prices,mpg,type of driving. I didn't think it would be so difficult to source a cmax. Local dealer( Elkins Westbury) says their a bit like Rocking horse s**t at the moment, but he is getting one in next week so will take a look.

#5 ·
We thinking of selling my Wife's Cmax if you still looking.
MK2 1.8 petrol titanium with 35k on the clock.
Here is a photo from when i got it from Dagenham motors.

07 reg, in very good condition in and out.i think i am the second owner.

heres a front view.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.