Ford C-Max Forum - View Single Post - Loss of power when trtying to accelerate
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-18-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Charlie180807

Hi fellow members I am a newbie and require your vast knowledge in trying to rectify a fault on my 09 C-Max TDCI - 60k miles. I drive my vehicle from Kent to London every night (103 miles each way) to work and to date have never had a problem. For the past 2 days I have had an intermittent fault when pulling away from a standstill I get a loss of acceleration and the car will stall, just cut out with no warning lights showing on the dash, but will start no problem and will qiuet happily run fine again. Thishas happened on 5 occassions now but on my motorway runs it runs fine it only seems to be when at low revs or like I say when pulling away,it doesn;t splutter or kangeroo but just dies of power even when I apply the acc pedal it will not respond and will just cut out requiring me to re-start which it does no problem. As 100 miles of journey is motorway driving it's really a problem at the mo it's just when driving around town it can become annoying !!! Your comments / suggestions will be greatly appreciated

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome